We have just returned from an 80's themed weekend at Bognor. We stayed at the Ocean hotel which was lovely. A good sized room with small lounge area, comfy double bed with 'ambient' lights and a small second twin room with full size singles. The bathroom was small but funky! We had a good sized balcony overlooking a car park but sea views in the distance which was a nice touch. There were tea and coffee making facilities, a small empty fridge and an iron and ironing board plus TV's in each room. The spa was lovely but small. Breakfast was ok - fairly small selection of stuff but adequate.
We ate at Turners - nice food and in The Deck. Food at both places was good and plentiful. Alcoholic drinks were extra.
The music was great! - There was a wide range of ages - lots of hen and stag parties but considering the amount of people and the amount of alcohol drunk, we never saw any fights or unpleasantness the whole weekend. Almost everyone was in fancy dress on the Saturday night and it was a great atmosphere. However, the carpets were sticky and the chairs a bit grubby! Soul night legends fantastic, as was the Blondie Tribute Band.
All in all a great weekend for £150 including food! Don't expect anything too classy but keep an open mind ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlins Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex