Took my daughter here last year for her birthday. I have been here before and it was ok but since they have opened the new hotel its gone down hill.
They have too many people on site and not enough entertainment etc. We had to arrive an hour before the entertainment started in the evening just to get a seat near the stage. When the show started there was standing room only and a lot of very unhappy people as they had young children that couldn't see,
The hotel room was great, tidy and clean. The staff where nice and said hi. They have a great breakfast buffet that is reasonable considering what you get.
The pool was great but we had to wait to go in as too many people where in there. Plus when we got in there it was too full and we ended up getting out. It wasn't good for the younger children as they got crushed in the amount of people.
Price wise... Def VERY OVERPRICED. The funfair is free but old and tatty. Def needs an update. Plus due to the weather they didn't open all the rides on all the days and one ride was broken the whole time we where there.
If you have money to burn and don't care about the entertainment then go during the quiet times. Otherwise you will end up being very cramped!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bognor Regis is officially one of Britain’s sunniest locations, sitting right on the West Sussex coast. Within just a couple of hours drive from London, Butlins Bognor Regis is the perfect getaway. Known as a traditional seaside town, we’ve given it a modern ‘twist’ with two funky hotels; the Ocean Hotel and the Shoreline Hotel. There’s a relaxing spa (ideal for grown-ups) and if you feel like discovering the area around the resort, the South Downs National Park and heritage sites are right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Butlins Bognor Regis Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Hotel Bognor Regis
- Butlins Resort Bognor Regis
- Butlins Bognor Regis Resort West Sussex