“Friday night out” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Friday night out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We entered the restaurant and found it to be gloomy due to the poor lighting and lack of atmosphere. It really would benefit from a make over.

The waitress was pleasant and helpful and showed us to our table. She was attentive and took our order. We then had to wait for half an hour for five prawns each to arrive. These were OK but expensive at £6.50 per head..

After our dishes were taken away about another twenty minutes our main courses arrived. Again the main meal was tasty but the vegetables tasted greasy and not particularly to our liking. There appeared to be two cooks/chefs but we felt that another member of staff would definitely improve the service.

The whole evening was disappointing but rather expensive. Not enjoyable.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
mattly76, Owner at Madlows Restaurant, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of my restaurant. Firstly can I say that I am disappointed that you did not enjoy yourself. We take every review/criticism very serious. In the evening we lower the lighting to create a more cosier atmosphere (especially in the summer, as we have a lot of natural light). The wait for your starters was longer than we aim for but this was because we had another 14 people walk in at the same time as yourselves. On a Friday we are staffed by 2 chefs and 2 waitresses, unfortunately this weekend we had 2 staff members off with illness. The vegetables we serve with our main courses are admittedly not to every ones taste, but we cant serve peas, carrots etc. After reviewing your bill I feel that a 2 course meal including drinks, considering our food is locally sourced, home made and freshly cooked for £40.00 is not that expensive. that is not taking into account you had a £20.00 voucher which meant your bill was £20.00. I am once again truly sorry you did not enjoy yourself but hope you may try us again the future.

Chichester Uk
“Lovely restaurant, good value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My nan and I visited this restaurant for lunch and ordered two meals from the 2 for £10 offer. I expecting the meals to be fairly small considering the price, but the portions were a good size, well presented and very tasty, full of flavour. The staff were friendly without being overbearing. Both my nan and I were very impressed and would definitely recommend it to others. Top marks!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chichester, United Kingdom
“A Welcomed Evening Out!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to Madlows restaurant for the first time the other night and I must say what a pleasant evening it was. Due to other such commitments it's not often me and the wife are able to go out but on this rare occasion we were lucky enough to find Madlows. We went on a Thursday evening and although the restaurant was not busy it had enough people in it to provide a really nice ambience. Service was attentive and the staff friendly. We opted for 3 courses to which I could not fault nor could the wife and was priced fairly for the quality of locally sourced produce clearly evident through the courses. We will definitely return again. A welcome change from the 'child friendly' Harvesters etc!!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Always good food sourced as locally as possible.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been 3 times now and to find a locals special on Mondays was marvelous. £10 for 2 courses, £13 for 3 courses. The locals special portions are just right so that 3 courses won't leave you exploding and wishing you had only 2.

For the meat eaters, you get a very good selection of great tastes. The veggie options vary between a little bland and pretty good which is the same range as most restaurants.

They appreciate your feedback so don't hold back, you'll help make it better and better for everyone. Looking forward to my next visit now.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

very good value for money, the restuarant offers 2 course for £ 10 , proper food, home cooked and excellent service. I would love to live near and be able to walk there as it is good value with a very good wine list.
I had a home made burger in a home made bun and a home cooked chips all for £ 5, my Dad had a hugh plate of pork loin , new potoates, with 3 vegs and my Mum, 2 eggs, ham and bubble and squeak, all at just £ 5 a main.
This restaurant deserves to be supported by the locals as it is a pleasant change tomthe mass produced fast food pubs nearby !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere