“Unless your a regular DON'T go there on a friday night!!” 1 of 5 stars

0121 567 0921
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 61 Restaurants in West Bromwich
“Unless your a regular DON'T go there on a friday night!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I went out to celebrate her 29th birthday only for the bar person to ask her for I.d. Annoyed, yes as she's over a decade above the legal age she didn't feel necessary to bring any especially as we've been there before. As we fight for a chair to go at our table, we notice the table if filthy. I asked for it to be cleaned to which the girl replied "do you know how busy we are?" The staff all watched to check my friend was not sharing my drink. If she was under 18 then she should of been asked to leave at 9pm, which they didn't do!! Then we get out food and its quality is POOR. The dessert came and I asked for my cake cold and had been microwaved to within an inch of its like, the same as the pie I'd had in there a few days earlier. My friends desset cutlery was filthy so we asked for a replacement and the same girl begrudingly changed it only to be seen "moaning" about us to other bar staff. The atmosphere is uncomfortable. It takes ages to get served at the bar as regulars get served first. Out of my 4 visits there since I moved in to the area I would say none of which have been good. Its the bad service, poor food and poor hygiene standards to why I wouldn't recommend this pub to anyone. At least I got more than 16chips this time, the only positive of the night

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Good for a quickie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

When there's enough staff on this place is pretty decent. Food is good quality, I've never had a bad meal there and there beer is a decent price. Like any pub steak though, order it a grade lower than what you want. If you want medium, ask for medium rare. If you want medium well, ask for medium.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Yum yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We went for a meal out and really enjoyed it! Most had shake in the bag ribs and my Father ordered a burger. Food was hot and served quickly! It was of good quality and very tasty! Even my toddler cleared his plate of nuggets with gusto :)
We did go midweek so was quiet but would be happy to go again!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you are going to this pub at a weekend be prepared for a long wait to be served. This is NOT down to the staff as they all try to serve as quick as they can. The problem is, not enough staff on duty to serve. The food is typical pub grub but, the place looks tired and could do with a re-furb.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Cheap pub food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Title says it all. Cheap and decent pub food. Good for a snack and a cheap night out.

Visited April 2012