“EXCELLENT!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Bromwich
Stockport, UK
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a brilliant stay here over the weekend of 22nd June.

We visited as part of a National Holidays Mystery Weekend Tour and from start to finish our stay at this hotel could not have been better.

Staff are the most efficient and friendly I have probably experienced in at a hotel stay, they really could not do enough for us from the fantastic welcome, organising taxis, recommending places to visit nearby, even re-opening the bar for us when we got in late and even asking if we wanted a take-away delivering to our rooms when we returned at one o'clock in the morning - my friend wanted a kebab and mentioned it in passing (as a joke) to reception and they got all the menus out of the places that would deliver.

The hotel is probably a late 70's building, but inside it is really nice, it looks like it has recently been refurbished. The common areas were beautifully decorated and the rooms just perfect. We had a twin room which was slightly bigger than our friends double room, which made them a bit jealous, but ours being the bigger room when we got back from the pub, we all had a bit of a party in ours. Everything was perfect and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was perfectly adequate with a brilliant shower and the fixtures and fittings were very plush indeed.

We had a few drinks in the bar before our evening meal in the restaurant. The meal was a buffet affair and was very plentiful indeed and great value for money as it was part of our trip, but the menu did state the three courses was £19.99 and for what we got I would not complain. Breakfast in the morning was again buffet style and the selection was fantastic, full English, Continental, pastries, whatever you wanted basically.

The hotel is situated about a 5 minute ride in a taxi from the centre of West Bromwich and cost us £4.00 in a taxi, so a quid each for us all. There is nothing much to do, but we found a Wetherspoon pub which was okay but then went to another one over the road called The Goose where we settled as we were made to feel very welcome, they even asked us if we wanted anything else to drink before they closed the bar, then they even asked us if we wanted to use the cash machine before they closed it!!! Brilliant, friendly staff!!!

All in all, it was a perfect weekend and The Park Inn Radisson Birmingham West really made our trip very memorable.

I would like to personally thank all the staff who catered to our needs and a special shout out should go to Josh Westwood who was on duty in the restaurant in the evening and for breakfast the next day - he really does put 100% into what he is doing and really makes your stay complete.

Thanks again ..... we will be returning soon!!!

Room Tip: They all looked good!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Not somewhere you would go on holiday but a good base for a one night visit to Birmingham. Reception staff were professional and very helpful. Rooms pretty good for this price bracket, well equipped but strangely no hair dryer - there was however an iron and ironing board??!! Breakfast was good and reasonably priced if you take the pre order option at £10. Bar food was expensive and pretty ordinary. We thought the pool was a bonus for this standard of hotel and it looked OK, however we have it a miss as it was absolutely rammed full.
It is a very long thin hotel with varying levels, if you have difficulty walking then ask for a room near reception.

• Stayed July 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Weekend away with daughter and two seven years old grandsons, the service was second to none. We were given two interconnecting twin rooms which were clean and comfortable. The air conditioning worked wonderfully as it was a very stuffy atmosphere. Service in the restaurant, even though every table was occupied, was exceptional - special mention to waitress Illona who really looked after the children and nothing was too much trouble for her. Food was basic but good and there was a great selection for both evening meal and breakfast. Bottled water was available, and replaced, at no charge for the evening meal. Only negative I found was the walk in shower was quite slippery and a 'grab rail'/shower mat would have been appreciated

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Staffs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went to a Wedding reception here. did not stay because we don't live that far away from there.
The food was very good the bride wanted curry and rice with the usual buffet food & was catered for vegetarian tried all the food was very nice. Staff were friendly and the service was good. The only moan I have is the Drinks are very experience! One of the other Wedding quest who was staying the night said the room was very Nice.

Room Tip: Don't Know about Rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Stockport, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was the first time we had stayed at a Park Inn and I’d say, on the whole, we were both really impressed. Don’t get me wrong, we probably wouldn’t choose this location for a family or couples stay, but for a National Holidays weekend away it was superior to the norm. The proximity to the M5 meant that there would inevitably be some noise and the view would not be spectacular but these factors aside our overall experience was very good. Check in, as is usual for National Holidays, was quick and painless and we were actually handed our room keys as we alighted the coach. On entering the hotel everything looked clean and modern which is usually a good sign. Reception was on the left, as were the lifts and stairs to all rooms, while on the right was the bar and restaurant area. We had been allocated room 428 and after a rapid two storey ride in the lift we arrived at the door. On entering the room it is immediately apparent that it is clean and tidy albeit a little on the compact side. The décor is predominantly ‘Park Hotel’ blue and the furnishings are all nicely matched. There is not a wardrobe as such but a clothes hanging area with ample hangers for a one night stay. This area also houses the handy iron and ironing board which is always a nice addition for me. The brew facilities are as you would expect but the biscuit situation is far from ideal. I do like a nice biscuit and, unfortunately, the only ones on offer are tiny coffee style ones. There is no hair dryer but we phoned reception and had one brought up at no extra charge. The bathroom is nice and big with almost half the space being taken up by a rather inviting looking shower. Looks did prove to be deceiving though and the water pressure was woeful. I think it is part of an attempt to be environmentally friendly and to encourage better use and care of our natural resources. A nice idea but I prefer to be clean. My only gripe was the location of the pedestal, squeezed as it was between the door and the sink. A little careful contortionism was the order of the day with my left leg up against the door and my right leg under the sink. Again don’t misunderstand me this is only because I’m a big bloke. Most people would have ample space. The supplied hand wash and shower gel are of decent quality but the quality of the toilet roll left a little to be desired. The window is double glazed but not to a particularly good standard and noise from the M5 is still evident. Also the draft coming through the window was enough to move the curtains even when it was tightly closed. The aforementioned view is of the bar and restaurant roofs, so not very inspiring. As is usual, with this type of trip, evening meal and breakfast are included and these normally prove to be the biggest disappointment of the weekend. I’m pleased to report, however, that both meals were excellent on this occasion. The evening meal is a three course affair with starters being waitress served and the main and dessert being served buffet style. Starter was a choice of melon or home-made vegetable soup. Virtually everyone, in my immediate vicinity, opted for the soup and very nice it was too. The only comment I would make here is it could have been a tad warmer. Main course was a choice of gammon, carved on demand, fried fish, a pasta dish (I think) and chicken curry with rice. The wife opted for the gammon while I helped myself to a man-sized portion of curry and rice along with a pile of chips. There were several fresh veg on offer along with the aforementioned chips and also roast potatoes. All in all a decent spread which, if the printed menus can be believed, should have cost £19.99 per head.
Dessert was a choice of lemon or chocolate cake with fresh cream. Being a greedy sod, I had both cakes and they were of decent quality. It was now time to retire to the bar and sample a few drinks. A large bottle of Magners cider and a large Chardonnay came in at just over £8 so another plus for this hotel. I didn’t really notice what draft beers were on offer as once I saw that Strongbow was not available my eyes immediately checked out the fridges. The main bar area has ample low seating and, for me, it was a little uncomfortable but nobody else complained. There is a large TV and a pool table to help while away the hours. The pool was priced at a very reasonable 50p per frame which, in this day and age, is very cheap indeed. There is also a more intimate seating area immediately adjacent to the bar which also houses a smaller TV and comes complete with taller chairs and tables. The girl behind the bar was friendly and efficient and seemingly reluctant to take a tip no matter how often I offered. It was time for bed and time to see if the outside noise had much effect on sleep quality. As it turned out it didn’t and we both managed a decent lie-in until 8AM. The bed was fairly comfortable and the mattress and pillows were very soft, so much so that they didn’t really offer a lot of support. Anyway it was time for breakfast which was again served buffet style with everything, including drinks and toast, being help yourself. The quality of the cooked items was OK and everything was hot. The usual items were available with the exception of fried eggs which seemed a little odd. There were scrambled eggs available, which were OK, but no black pudding or tinned tomatoes. So, with breakfast completed, it was time to check-out and hit the road again, destination unknown. It was a mystery weekend after all.
Just one final point, the hotel houses a leisure complex with indoor pool. I didn’t mention it earlier as I did not use this facility and, in all honesty, keeping fit is something I gave up on some time ago.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any rooms better than others
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just returned from a visit to the BBc good food show at the NEC Birmingham, We decided to book a hotel away from the centre of Birmingham, Have a nice pool . relaxation, what a shock the minute We walked into our room I new we had made a huge mistake. I opted for a smoking room, naughty I know . so u expect that the room will be a little tired, but this was beyond that. Although the room was clean, everything was tired and worn out , and for £65.00 quid a night out of town I thought I'd be a bit of a winner . wrong. don't know where to start really. Picture missing off the wall which stuck out like a sore thumb. frayed discoloured lampshades, duvet so thin and worn out duvet cover that didn't have any fasteners on it so it was forever slipping out, 4 hangers . taps so stiff couldn't turn them, hole in the divan base , it was horrid , and was glad i had only booked for 2 nights, We decided to eat at the restaurant, big mistake . don't order the rbg burger it's bland and dry as we're the chips . no condiments we're offered . no side dish of mayo or coleslaw nothing, my Husband ordered steak and ale pie. the waiter came back and said there wasn't any pastry would he mind having mash instead , after an age of waiting it finally came .very disappointing . nobody came to see if everything was ok , so we just left . end off. Breakfast was a lot better except I had to ask for egg as there was just an empty dish , not much choice in the hot food, but plenty of continental choice. we enjoyed the breakfast. also I will say the staff we're very nice. At last I will come to the swimming pool, a no go area for us. One of the reasons we booked the hotel was for the swimming. But the swimming pool was like a goldfish bowl to public. and very tiny, so gave that a miss, Don't bother venturing into west Brom it's like a ghost town full of poundlands and 99p stores . The only good thing about our weekend away was the shows at the nec excellent ......

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were travelling with our 4.5 year and 18 month year old children and picked this hotel primarily because of it's location (convenient to a wedding venue) and facilities - a pool and interconnecting family rooms (a bargain at £75 B&B per night). We were not disappointed and the hotel exceeded our expections especially the friendly, personal service shown by waiting staff who managed to be attentive despite being busy with guests travelling as part of a UK coach tour (in total 5 coachloads of guests breakfasted at the hotel). The staff recognised that we were not part of this homogenous group and differentiated the service provided both at our evening meal (in R&G Grill Restaurant) and at breakfast time when we were offerred tables discretely tucked our of the way. Rooms were clean and comfortable (room 146 had a broken window handle but that was the only fault we noticed) and QUIET - despite being so close to the motorway and the hotel being presumably close to full occupancy. Our children enjoyed the pool - the shallow area was sectioned off - and there was a bubbly spa pool. Ample free parking and we could even see our car from our room!

Room Tip: If you would like easy access to the pool and it's entrance (which provides easy ground floor ac...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West? Share your experiences!