Stayed over Saturday night with my Wife as hotel great for local WBA FC home games. We had stayed a couple of times before last year and was OK.
However when we arrived for Sunday breakfast we walked into a horror show. First thing we see a wheeled trolley piled up with dirty crockery and cutlery - the bar next to it was covered in dirty glasses. We wait to be served, as the sign says, and were ignored for 5 minutes by 4 or 5 staff who walked past us. Eventually we got fed up waiting, walked in and found almost every single table was covered in dirty plates, part eaten breakfasts etc and no one is clearing up.
Even better by the drinks dispensers for juice was an old bucket surrounded by rags and there were also old bowls under tea and coffee dispensers full of tea and coffee slops . No tea bags, no cereal, sticky floors - I could go on but I won't.
So we cleaned a table got some food and on the way out complained to some Manager who'd appeared - well my Wife complained while I stood about 10 feet away. He simply kept mechanically saying "I apologize" and then as she turned to leave pulled a face at her not knowing I was her husband.
We complained to reception who scribbled something down on a note pad and said they'd contact us - we complained on the Park Inn web site and again have heard nothing.
They clearly had a staff shortage or some other issues that day but the breakfast area was a real dump. Avoid, avoid, avoid at a weekend!
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Birmingham West Hotel
- Park Inn By Radisson Birmingham West Hotel West Bromwich
- Park Inn Birmingham
- Park Inn West Bromwich
- Birmingham Park Inn
- Park Inn Hotel West Bromwich
- Park Inn By Radisson Birmingham West West Bromwich, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A vibrant hotel ideal for both business and leisure guests; providing 168 contemporary styled bedrooms with plasma televisions, climate control, WiFi and comfy cotton duvets. Fully equipped gymnasium including a 10 metre indoor heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna and spa bath. RBG Restaurant and Lounge Bar and 17 flexible meeting and function rooms accommodating up to 180 delegates.Ideally located at Junction 1 on the M5 giving easy access to the motorway links of the M5, M6, M40 & M42. Sandwell and Dudley Train Station is a 10 minute walk from the hotel giving direct access to New Street Station. Only 4 miles from Birmingham city centre, the Symphony Hall and International Conference Centre. 7 miles to Walsall and only 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and NEC. Ideally located for exploring: The Bullring Shopping Centre, Cadbury World, Black Country Museum, National Sealife Centre, West Midlands Safari Park, Dudley Zoo, Drayton Manor Theme Park, Alton Towers and more.......... 300 Complimentary parking spaces for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Birmingham West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.