“Great find” 5 of 5 stars

58 - 60 Seager Street, West Bromwich B71 4AN, England   |
Glasgow
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed an overnight here and was pleasantly surprised. Given the price of this hotel I simply can't fault it. Had a friendly, clean, comfortable and trouble free stay.
There is a restaurant attached to this hotel which looks fantastic. We were disappointed to be unable to dine here as we didn't arrive until late.
If I am ever again in the area again I would stay here without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great little find, For price of room it is brilliant value , lovely bar/restaurant downstairs too. Beds really comfortable and decent size room, Only negative is noise early morning from people in hotel/restaurant but definatly not enough to put me off booking in future if in area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have to agree with the review below, sound proofing is DEFINIATELY required!! All we could hear until at least midnight on the Saturday was the 'singer' downstairs, I'm sorry but if it was good them maybe it would've been ok, but even X Factor couldn't drown it out. Also first thing Monday morning (5.30am) there was some sort of lorry outside the bedroom window, possibly a bin lorry but it was so loud it sounded like it was next to my head!!!

We were in a 'suite' (room 5) for the first night which was good, not quite sure if suite is the correct word as it is just a normal room that has a 2 seater couch in it, the couch was nice though! The room we moved to (room 7) was just as nice, the only complaint would be the size of the tv which could barely be seen from the bed.

The beds in both rooms were really comfy, despite the zip lock beds in room 7, the bedding is lovely and clean and the pillows and throw in both rooms were lovely too.

Bathroom floors could do with updating in both rooms, had staining in both from where water had leaked from shower....and signs in both rooms saying that the water from bath/showers leak on to the restuarant below and damage would have to be paid for-bit scary! Shower was lovely and powerful though :-) Toiletries provided were lovely too.

We couldn't get an ironing board to use with the iron on the last night which was a pain in the backside, but thankfully they did have a hairdryer as I'd forgotten mine!

On the whole a good place to rest your head especially for only £29 per night and the blonde lady who was cleaning the rooms on Saturday morning was lovely!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel because it looked like excellent value for money and it is good value for money.HOWEVER there are a few major issues that would prevent me from staying again. The main one is the lack of soundproofing in the rooms.We had a family staying next to us and you could hear everything that the were doing from telling off their children in the evening to the baby crying through the night!.we also had to wait until around midnight to go to bed on the second night as they had a singer in the downstairs resteraunt who you could hear clearly in our room.it was so loud I could even tell what songs he was singing!.

On a positive the decor of the rooms is lovely and the furnishings look brand new.We ate in the resteraunt the first night and it was ok but I agree with another reviewer that it is overpriced.

I have never written a hotel review before but I felt compelled to write this one as I have never experienced such a noisey room in a hotel in my life!.

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great value for money, really clean, fantastically powerful shower and comfy bed. Only down point was the security light out over the car park which is on all night - the room had beautiful thick heavy curtains, but they are on a pole which projected them 6 inches out into the room and thus left a huge gap all around through which all the light came in! Other then that, super room at super price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I were looking for somewhere to stay close to where my son and daughter-in-law live so we could visit them and see our new grandsons. My Husband came across the “HARE AND FIVE HOUNDS” whilst doing search of hotels in this area. This hotel was a gem of a find the room was clean, light and airy with on suite shower and toilet. The bed was large and comfortable and the hotel staff friendly and accommodating. For the price I don’t think we could have found a better place to stay it’s not luxury but it is certainly better than I would have expected for £29.00 for the night. The best bonus is that they have their own Italian Restaurant “BELLAGIO” just downstairs and the food there is lovely again the staff were friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in this area. We will certainly use them again as we regularly travel to Birmingham and Kendal to visit relatives.

Room Tip: We had room 3 which was quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Writtle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife an I stayed in the Hare and Five Hounds this October and found the room to be clean large with a good bathroom and shower the bed was very comfortable and it was nice and quite. An absolute bargain for £29.00 and best of all is the “BELLAGO” restaurant below pls see separate review.

Room Tip: room 3 was very good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hare & Five Hounds Hotel? Share your experiences!