“A pleasant surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Essington
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've got to say that the only reason I booked to stay in the hotel was because I got a deal for £19. The location, on the edge of a busy service area on the M6 didn't fill me with joy, but it was a means to an end.
On arrival I was welcomed by the receptionist and booked in within a couple of minutes.
My room was clean and tidy, as was the bathroom.
The shower was great!
If the room had any down points at all, they are minor, and for a single night's stay, hardly the end of the world.
A heated mirror in the bathroom would be helpful, and the chair in the room could have been more comfortable.
The best thing about the stay was that though it was quite noisy from the traffic outside, I could hardly hear it at all inside, and my room faced the motorway and service area. I slept like a baby.
Oh and the curtains were black-out curtains, so when I wanted darkness I got just that.
I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Carluke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here to break up a trip to the south-west, and it was really just a place to sleep. The reception staff were very helpful and offered to find me food, but I decided to eat in the Burger King within the service area. The whole place had a slightly damp smell to it (probably un-ventilated showers) and the room was very dated. With switches for appliances no longer there and a sockets that would never pass a safety test in a home.

The bed was comfy though and I did sleep pretty well. So can't really complain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. The room needed a luck of paint but was clean.
My only complaint is the generator situated round the back starts up every 20 mins or so and is incredibly noisy. Ask for a front room.
Very friendly and helpful staff. I would suggest the short drive into Featherstone to get food as it's quite pricey and limited in the services.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Burnham-on-sea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

on arrival was greeted by uninterested staff the room was unclean and three out of the four wall lights did not work also no soap in the bathroom informed staff nothing was done no one on checkout when leaving I know its a budget hotel but the basics should be in place

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Travelers are raving about these Essington hotels

Kent Uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed in other travellodges which have been ok but this one is of very poor standard. The walls had marks and stains all over them of god only knows. The whole hotel stank of must and stale smoke.
I felt dirty touching the floors. I strongly reccommend not staying at this hotel?!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Key issues:
Postcode incorrect so you can't reach with Tomtom
In desperate need of upgrade
Carpets not clean the corridors have a smell
The price is good
The access to hotel is only from m6 southbound

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Birmingham Hilton Park M6 Southbound, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your review Simpletone_11. We aim to provide the correct details for our hotels on our website so we are truly sorry to learn of the difficulty you had in reaching our hotel. We will be sure to raise this issue with our IT department in order to ensure that all the details we provide are correct and up to date. We also expect our staff to follow a strict routine in the cleaning of our rooms and we would expect them to be cleaned to our high standards, however we can happily confirm that we are currently undergoing a refurbishment scheme across all our hotels in which our hotels will receive a fresh new room design and layout. Please be assured that we will pass on your comments to the hotel manager in order to address the issues you have raised.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

After reading previous reviews I wasn't expecting anything great with this hotel, however we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very clean and comfy. There was very little noise coming from outside. The room was clean and spacious. The only problem we had was getting to it from the Northbound carriageway, we were unable to find how to cross the M6 from the signs so we ended up continuing North on M6 for a few minutes then coming off and going back on the Southbound carriageway which was really easy to do. Overall we enjoyed our stay and it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Birmingham Hilton Park M6 Southbound? Share your experiences!