Absolutely the worst hotel in Stratford, appauling attitidue from staff. It was sold to me during its refurbish state so we were subjected to a muddy, noisy and completely rubbish environment away from the main house.
Don't be fooled. The hotel rooms are not in the main house but in a motel style square building at the rear. The staff are so inexperienced it was unbelievable I just couldn't get over them.
Stratford is a beautiful location and should be visited but please do not waste your money here, Stratford is all about the historical feel, the main house is out of bounds and the staff are on another planet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Walton Hotel is set in 65 acres of glorious countryside overlooking a lake, yet is within easy reach of the historic towns of Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon. Discover Shakespeare in Stratford-upon-Avon and medieval history in Warwick Castle, then explore the beautiful Warwickshire countryside before enjoying the collections in the Compton Verney Art Gallery. Offering a peaceful retreat it has 130 bedrooms, including 6 premium rooms in Walton Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Walton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Walton Hall Hotel Wellesbourne Hastings
- Walton Hotel Warwickshire