Really didnt want to write a negative review but I did feel underwhelmed with this stay. We booked the Hotel via Superbreak but they failed to tell us the Hall was closed for our stay due to an Audi convention. It didnt spoil our stay but was really looking forward to dining in the Hall and also maybe upgrading to stay in the Hall. Neither was possible.
The rooms in the Hotel are of good size but lacking in facilities. Only 5 channels worked on the TV and reception advised "you should have more but we struggle with a signal so it's hit and miss what channels we get, try turning it off then on again.....". We dont go away to watch TV at all, but i'd expext more from a 4* Hotel. The TV in the bar had perfect signal with all channels so maybe its just to keep people in the bar rather than in their rooms, spending money...
No minibar/fridge, no room service, no welcome book letting us know of hotel facilities/local info, ONLY LITTLE THINGS but these are standard in every 4* hotel ive stayed in before.
We had booked dinner bed/breakfast and were handed the menus whilst having a drink to then have them taken off us and handed the set menu. Again, Superbreak never mentioned we would be on a set menu so very disapointed again so we decided to just go into Stratford instead of eating in the hotel.
All in all the grounds are stunning, and I mean stunning!! The location is superb for Warwick and Stratford upon Avon. The Hall (from the outside.....) looks stunning, it really is stunning, I just feel the Hotel could be so much more with more attention to detail.
If you go here, you will love it, I was just left underwhelmed maybe because I feel Superbreak should have informed us first of the Audi convention and lack of facililites available to us.
Would I return to the hotel? No,
Would I return to the Hall, definitley!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Walton Hall Hotel Wellesbourne Hastings
- Barcelo Walton Hall Hotel
- Barcelo Walton
- Walton Hall & Hotel Warwickshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Walton Hotel is set in 65 acres of glorious countryside overlooking a lake, yet is within easy reach of the historic towns of Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon. Discover Shakespeare in Stratford-upon-Avon and medieval history in Warwick Castle, then explore the beautiful Warwickshire countryside before enjoying the collections in the Compton Verney Art Gallery. Offering a peaceful retreat it has 130 bedrooms, including 6 premium rooms in Walton Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Walton Hall & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.