I read earlier comments with some puzzlement, as they were so diverse. We liked the place. The rooms were functional but clean and recently decorated. People were friendly and the bars have great character. I loved the brass plaques on the settles to past (and passed) customers. Our room was missing a kettle, but in response to an earlier comment, I have had to put the kettle on the floor in some good hotels all over the world! Didn't have dinner there, but the Bengal Indian round the corner was very good (it's BYO for booze though). Friday night in the summer was understandably noisy, so don't expect to get to sleep till after 11. But if that's a problem, don't stay in an inn! The traditional English breakfast was excellent, but the scrambled eggs less impressive. Would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The White Bear, now under new management, offers seven en-suite rooms over two floors above a bar and resteraunt serving Cask Marque Ales, Quality Draught Beers and Home Cooked Food. Ideal for the business traveller and for a comfortable getaway. Group discounts avilable on Request. With Three Large Screen TV's one of which show Sky Sports 3D content at no extra charge you are unlikley to miss any live sporting event. We also have a Dart Board for public use alongside our Crib Boards, Dominos and our Aunt Sally pitch to the rear of our free car park.Functions are catered for in a seperated bar serviced by a seperate entrance and can cater up to 80 people depending on the type of event.With fabulous walks in the local area together with local shoots (in season), Falconry Centre and a short drive to the famous Stratford upon Avon.The White Bear is an ideal place to base yourself while exploring The Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The White Bear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Bear Pub Hotel Shipston On Stour
- The White Bear Shipston On Stour, Warwickshire