The reception is nice, location ok for ease to the town, service was hit and miss. Staff really pleasant but either forgot or too busy - when I ordered my breakfast this was never brought out but perhaps a good thing as two of my colleagues had eaten chicken curries there the night before and got mild food poisoning! The rooms were grot; stained badly fitted carpets, decor in some of the rooms really awful, wall paper peeling off, damp, no heating, very hard uncomfortable beds with wafer thin duvets, curtains and nets really shabby and hanging off rails, lots of noise from outside and other rooms - not their fault just no sound proofing at all, no water from the taps in some rooms, showers spat boiling hot water ... my best advice is if you dare to dice with death, take out life insurance before you stay here!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking time and giving us feedback and constructive comments are also welcome.
Report response as inappropriate
With regard to your comments about the rooms, the hotel has an ongoing refurbishment programme and all key areas of rooms are being addressed.
You say that one of your guests had mild food poisoning. This is obviously a very serious accusation. We are surprised that you did not contact us if you believed that we were to blame. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food, and can guarantee that your party would not have been served meat that was past its sell by date.
We rely on customer feedback to constantly improve our service, but are always glad to have the opportunity to rectify and discuss any issues as they happen. We hope that you will tell us immediately if you are unhappy with anything on your next visit to our hotel
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.