“One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Rugby
Cradley Heath
“One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stopped here for one night wife my wife and once again found a very clean and well maintained premier inn.We ate dinner in the pub next door which was very welcoming and prices were very reasonable.The food was of a good standard and arrived promptly.

A very good stay all round

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TheReceptionTeam, Manager at Premier Inn Rugby North - M6, Jct 1, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for writing such a positive review following your recent stay at our hotel.
Our aim is to provide excellent service, food and accommodation yet remain price fair so I am glad you felt our restaurant and hotel provided good value for money.
I will be sharing your comments with the whole team.
We hope to welcome you back at Premier Inn in the near future.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I turned up here not expecting the earth but hoping for the normal reliable Premier Inn experience as I was on a work trip & wanted a functional stay after a very long drive.

Check in was fine - the receptionist offered to book me a table at the adjacent Brewers Fayre pub and my room was again absolutely fine - the weather was warm & the room had been prepared with a fan on, the window open & curtains shut. I could hear the rumble of the motorway but I was expecting that and it was not a problem.

I went for dinner - it was then the problems started. I had to wait to be seated which took a while. Next to the section I was standing were home made promotional notices complete with spelling mistakes and a prominent pile of staff literature giving details of how to persuade customers to buy more items - this seemed rather unprofessional to me. Also I could see the buffet selection to my right - the theme was "Burgers and sausages" - all you could eat for about £7.00 - at 8.45 pm you can imagine how unappealing this looked - really greasy & unhealthy.

I was then greeted by a waitress who said there was no booking in my name but that there were plenty of tables left and showed me to a table. I said I had decided on my order ( as a menu was in my room) but she explained I needed to order and pay at the bar - the room was fairly quiet and I felt table service would have made a much better impression. I went and placed my order & bought a glass of wine which was lukewarm. As I am English I decided not to complain.

After a short but reasonable wait my dinner arrived minus the peppercorn sauce which I had ordered. A waitress said she would fetch it for me. It didn't appear - I started to eat ( as I was really hungry by now) - halfway through my meal I went to find out what had happened to it as by now my steak was not very hot - I looked into the kitchen and a chef came out - he said he would send one over - which happened a few minutes later. The waitress did apologize and I ordered another glass of wine from her - I was not sure if this was "allowed" but in fairness she did bring me another one ( lukewarm) and said she had removed the cost of this from my bill - which was a nice gesture and appreciated by me.

I went to bed to be woken up at 5.30am by car doors being slammed & a van being driven off at speed - I went back to sleep only for a number of other vehicles to leave noisily and then a huge delivery truck came and began unloading at the adjacent Aldi store for ages - with a lot of clattering and banging. Then a rubbish removal lorry turned up...In fairness I could have shut the window but it was too hot to do that. The "Good nights sleep policy" probably didn't include very early departures from other guests so I did not bother with this.

And so to breakfast - back in the Brewers Fayre pub to the sound of Capital FM being played very noisily ( everywhere - even in the loo) I ordered poached eggs on toast. Whilst I waited for them a small baby was sick on the floor - no-ones fault - but did not improve matters. The eggs came on toast which was slightly burnt on the bottom & slightly soggy on the top as they had not been drained properly.

This was cheap - £73 for bed & breakfast - but frankly it was a rubbish experience. I have no issue with Premier Inns - in fact I have posted 3 positive reviews about other branches - but I am never staying here again.

If you do stay here & want a nicer dinner there is a Chinese restaurant in the car park which surely must be better than the pub.

Room Tip: Do not go for ones overlooking Aldi - I was in room 56
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TheReceptionTeam, Manager at Premier Inn Rugby North - M6, Jct 1, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us.
I was glad to read that you found our location, rooms and cleanliness to be very good. I was however disappointed to read about your issues regarding the restaurant. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and I'm very sorry that on this occasion, we didn't meet your expectations.
we have we have refunded your nights stay under the good night guarantee.
Please be assured that your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by the Management team
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel and it was lovely. Can't fault it at all, the staff were really helpful and friendly. The room was spacious, lovely decorated and very clean. Very nice bathroom, with a bath which was lovely. Restaurant had a variety of food and was great! Highly recommend. We will definitely be returning :-)

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Premier Inn.
We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation and excellent service, so I am very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to having you stay with us next time you're in town.
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Standard premier inn...no additional thrills , easy to find. Would use again. Don't opt for the set meal deal, restaurant does all you can eat themed buffets every night that looked like better value than the meal deal I choose when booking the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

What you see is what you get. Well received by the receptionist and the check-in was painless.
Big negative is no air-conditioning in the rooms. A stand alone fan was provided but was noisy so had to switch this off during the night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

TheReceptionTeam, Receptionist at Premier Inn Rugby North - M6, Jct 1, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I really appreciate your feedback as this enables helps us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay.
Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and that your comments have been passed on to the management team.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Fantastic, easy online booking which can be completed on your phone in under 5 minutes. £60 initially to us does seem quite expensive for a budget hotel, but we always know when using a Premier Inn Hotel that the rooms will be immaculate, clean, modern and the service will be helpful. We don't always have the breakfast but when we do the choice and quality is always impressive.

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

TheReceptionTeam, receptionist at Premier Inn Rugby North - M6, Jct 1, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic comments following your recent stay here at Premier Inn. I will pass on your comments to the team who will very much appreciate your kind feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

You pretty much know what you're going to get at a Premier Inn - and we got that here. Checked in very quickly by a pleasant and helpful receptionist. Our room was a little smaller than some other Premier Inn rooms I've stayed in, but was fine. TV could do with updating, and Freeview reception wasn't great (lots of picture breakup). Very comfortable bed with choice of pillows, and everywhere was very clean and well-maintained.

If you value your Sunday lie-in, specifically request to be allocated a room away from the vicinity of room 55 - there's some sort of loading bay right outside these rooms, and we were woken at 7:45 on Sunday morning by Rugby's noisiest wagon driver unloading his truck directly below our open window.

My usual wi-fi access gripe applies - why should we still have to pay for wireless internet access in this day and age? It's not exactly a big expense to a company like Premier Inn, and 30 minutes of free access doesn't exactly cut the mustard these days. Lots of smaller hotels can manage it, so why can't the big chains?

Room Tip: Unless you want to be woken stupidly early on a weekend, avoid room 55 or those surrounding it on bo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Been to Premier Inn Rugby North - M6, Jct 1? Share your experiences!