“Beautiful, great value cafe/restaurant outside Rugby School” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Bistro
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Multi-award winning, independent, charming and atmospheric French style restaurant, specialising in freshly prepared, (organic where possible) dishes, using locally supplied, and seasonal ingredients. By day serving beautiful breakfasts and dreamy lunches, often French themed, but with plenty of choice to suit all tastes. Switching smoothly from a relaxed daytime venue, to a swanky restaurant and glamorous cocktail bar in the evening. Know widely, and awarded for, its exceptional hospitality and passionate, articulate and vivacious staff - Cafe Vin Cinq provides an outstanding dining experience, where the customers' needs are anticipated and we hope, exceeded.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, great value cafe/restaurant outside Rugby School”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I was meeting a friend for lunch yesterday and went with Cafe Vin Cinq after reading a couple of reviews and checking out the menu. When we got there, I was blown away by the gorgeous design inside and outside, and the cosy feel of this lovely little place. The service was great - we were being served by a very sweet girl who was eager to please. Both my friend and I chose from the fantastic value fixed price menu - at £10 for two courses, what's not to love? I had the stunning lamb rissole with heavenly mash, crisp green beans, Stilton fritter, and a rich jus to die for. My friend had a slightly uninspired vegetable panini style sandwich, which she said was a little bland. We both chose the fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream which was okay, but could have easily been improved (and comments were made to the staff at the time). We were both hoping for a warm, stodgy, chewy brownie but we were presented with something that resembled more of a chocolate cake with a slightly fudgy top. The ice cream was gorgeous, and the strawberries and mint sprig were a lovely touch. We spent a good 2 or 3 hours here, and would have lingered longer if it weren't for an incredibly loud baby screaming next to us! All in all, I would certainly recommend Cafe Vin Cinq to any of my friends, and if I were to visit Rugby again soon I wouldn't hesitate in returning. Hope this helps!

Visited September 2013

Rugby
“Rugby's Best?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My daughter and I visited Cafe Vin Cinq yesterday evening (14/09/2013). Despite living in the area it was my first visit and was very impressed. The meal, Flank of Beef, was great, the beef so tender it just fell apart, and what a huge chunk it was too. My dessert too was great, Raspberry Bakewell with Marzipan Ice Cream, the pastry of the tart was beautiful and melted in the mouth. The staff became aware that it was my birthday and lo and behold there was a candle on my tart. Together with this came a complementary glass of "fizz", a lovely gesture.

What made the evening for us was the delightful, attentive and friendly staff. A credit to the management.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic for lunch - we'll be back for dinner soon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We'd never tried this place despite living in Rugby for 5 years. Dropped in for lunch today and we were very impressed, great service, great food, great atmosphere, we'll be trying it out for dinner soon!

• Visited September 2013
Rugby
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Without doubt the best restaurant in Rugby, The atmosphere is great and the staff couldn't be more helpful or attentive. all in all a great dining experience!

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem in Rugby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had an excellent dining experience at Cafe Vin Cinq. Michelin star quality, friendly and welcoming staff. A true hidden gem!

• Visited August 2013