“Spot on...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St David's Way | Bermuda Park, Nuneaton CV10 7SD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Nuneaton
Harrogate
“Spot on...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Chose to stay here due to it being close to the North of Coventry.
Loads of free parking, genuine welcome, a free drink voucher for being a Gold Priority Club member, good sized room & great shower room - this place has almost everything.
Breakfast was served from 6:30 & was good with a fair choice of items.
Staff were all really accommodating & friendly.
As well as being easy & quick for both Coventry & Nuneaton, there is a gym (with pool), bowling alley, cinema, Frankie & Benny's & another pub all within two or three minutes walking distance - maybe not as many dining options as being right in the centre of town but pretty good.
I passed one guy on the stairs carrying a take away, hotel plates & cutlery, what a cool idea.
Wow, my review look so good I should be on commission...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GM_HIEX-NUNEATON, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Fabulous. Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback and review.
We very much hope to see you back at Nuneaton with us again.

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Warwickshire, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I would have given this hotel more rating if it wasn't for the terrible breakfast. Although advertised as 'free breakfast' everything about it was done on the cheap. The powdered scrambled egg was absolutely disgusting, as were the 1 out of 10 marks my partner gave them. Even the orange juice and coffee were not great. The box of cereal was the only thing I ate. There was no bread, and I had to ask at reception, and it still didn't come until after 10 minutes. On the positive side, the staff were very friendly, the hotel was clean, and everything was provided for a short stay. I would have glady paid an extra £5 for a decent breakfast !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HIEX-NUNEATON, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Please accept our apologies. It is very disappointing for us all that other aspects of your stay were suitable apart from the breakfast.
We take all guest feedback very seriously and will be investigating as to why all items were not available. The quality of our egg will be looked into but please be assured we do not order in powdered eggs. We will look at the preparation of the eggs to ensure all team members are preparing them correctly.
We hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Modern, clean, comfortable, love the interconnecting rooms for a family. Great nights sleep. Convenient for cinema and bowling alley. Breakfast ....well it is free, you should find something, but scrambled powdered eggs were far too salty.

Room Tip: There is no pool, but seem to be forced to rate it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
It is great to see you have stayed before and have chosen to return.
Our interconnecting rooms offer much more space than a sofa bed family room. These can be booked directly if available. They are a slightly higher price but if you have older children and require a bit more privacy then these are very suitable.
The eggs provided at breakfast are not of the powdered variety and we do not add any extra salts, this may be individual taste preference however please accept our apologies that not all was to your liking.
I do hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Carlisle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel isn't exactly handy if you're wanting a city centre stay, but for a business stay it certainly fulfilled all my criteria. A £6 taxi ride from the train station (I was going to test the 15/20 minute walk but the rain changed my mind!) and I was being welcomed warmly by the receptionist who checked me in efficiently. The room was clean, nicely furnished and had a very large double bed taking centre stage. Bathroom was immaculate and the shower superb. The only downsides were the double bed was actually 2 singles bolted together, and they weren't the same height so you had a ledge down the centre of the bed, and the room was near to some fans/air con units so was a little noisier than I would have preferred. Also WiFi is extra, a small bugbear of mine which will hopefully change in the near future (hint hint)

The area surrounding the hotel contains a cinema, bowling alley, McDonalds and a few other restaurants so I headed over there to eat while it was dry. Upon my return I was again greeted warmly by the receptionist who could easily have ignored me if she'd wanted. Certainly good customer service skills evident here!!!

Breakfast was a buffet style, not a huge choice but acceptable all the same and the staff did keep checking to see if things needed refreshing. Check out was again a pleasant affair and left me feeling that I would be more than happy to stay their again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.
It is great to see that you received a warm welcome on each entry to the Hotel. We gladly welcome all our guests and like to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Please accept my apologies regarding the bed levels. If you could identify the room for me then we can investigate further and make arrangements for replacements. A majority of hotels now provide two single beds, zipped and linked together as double beds, in order to have the ability to change and sell as a twin room if required. There double beds available in the Hotel which are not zipped and linked which could be requested subject to availability.
You will be pleased to hear that Wi-Fi is now FREE at all Holiday Inn Express Hotels through UK and Ireland. This commenced from 9th September.
We look forward to accommodating you in the future should you be this way.

Southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed for one night, in order to miss an ealry start and also to get my 4th brand to maintain platinum status. On arrival I was welcomed like a long lost friend, no plastic bored smiles, a person (Graham I think), who has a true love of his job as did the lady receptionist next to him. A great start, welcomed as a platinum member (standard) but then the extra, all the rooms are the same, so i cannot upgrade you but I have put you in a quiet corner - perfect.

The room - bog standard no air con, but clean and well present. breakfast free at express and staybridge (I was told) - was fine.

Check out was cheery (different staff member - what really nice people. Unless business calls it not a place I would stay - but it is somewhere i would remember and recommend

Room Tip: 172 (corner room - )
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GM_HIEX-NUNEATON, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
Thank yuo for your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member and especially at your Platinum elite status. I do hope you received your welcome gift on arrival.
If we can put you into a quiet room or a room at the end of the corridor away from people traffic we will always try our best to do so.
Breakfast is Free at Holiday Inn Express Hotels, along with Wi-fi being free starting in September in Uk and Ireland Expresses.
Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you if travelling locally on business again.

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a really great budget business hotel with great clean rooms and wonderfully efficient, well turned out and welcoming staff.

At £65 per night, this was excellent value. As many have commented, the location is on the outskirts of town, right next to a cinema, bowling alley and budget restaurants. It's hardly a destination but, given the proximity to many industrial estates and the M6, it is a handy location.

The only area I have marked down is the sleep quality. This is mainly because the bed was not quite as comfortable as a comparable Premier or Park Inn (but still ok), the room was a little warm and there is quite some traffic noise from outside. It certainly wasn't disturbing, but it was humming away in the background.

The only other real negative is that the wifi costs extra and although the prices are not extortionate, I do have a bit of a problem paying extra for such a commodity (it is free in all of the surrounding establishments).

Breakfast is also not great, although it is Holiday Inn Express standard and served with a smile! It's a basic Continental offering with cheap sausages and scrambled eggs. It's absolutely fine for the money (included in the room rate) although I would be seriously upset to pay extra for it.

Overall a comfortable and practical hotel. The staff turned it from a good budget hotel to a really nice experience and, for that, I commend them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wee Larry

Thank you so much for leaving us feedback for your recent stay!
The staff can't thank you enough for your kind comments.
Would you kindly let us know which room you stayed in and we can check that it isn't just the mattress that is due for replacement. Thank you.
Recommendations for any future stays you may with us is to book direct or on your booking notes request a front facing room and hopefully this will get rid of any traffic noise.
FREE W-iFi is available in all Holiday Inn Express Hotels in the UK & Ireland from September 9th. Along with the breakfast being Free we hope that all our guests feel they are receiving great value, but we do encourage you to see our team if there is anything else we can help with.

Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited this hotel to attend a family party. Very welcoming, comfortable, and the staff were great. Very impressed with breakfast, although I think they could have put it on a little later on a Sunday!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HIEX-NUNEATON, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
It is fantastic to see that you were comfortable with your stay. The team are a credit to us.
Unfortunately breakfast times can not be altered on a weekend. Currently breakfast runs until 10:30 and check out is by 11am. In order to achieve a smooth run through of the day the Housekeeping team need to be able to enter rooms not long after 11am ready for Sundays arrivals which also tend to like to check in early on a Sunday.
I do understand your sentiments though, we all enjoy a lazy Sunday.
I hope the family party went well and that we see you back again in the future.

Mileta Hartland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nuneaton? Share your experiences!