“The reviews are 'generous'” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“The reviews are 'generous'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited this establishment on the back of these reviews, as it sounded too good to be true!
Lets be honest, the food and ambiance IS a cut above the rest, but the glowing reports gave the impression it was on par with a Michelin star eaterie........which it most certainly is NOT.
Overall, I was happy with the visit, a tad pricey, but as stated, it IS a cut above the rest around the area.........and somewhere that the chavs and Riff-Raff haven't yet 'discovered'

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nuneaton
“It's about time Nuneaton got such a fantastic restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Having seen all the reviews and having heard such good comments about Anthony's, I decided to try it out for lunch last week. The pictures that you see of the food is what they sell on friday and saturday nights, the bistro operates more like a cafe in the day - do not let this put you off! Three of us ate for lunch there on friday, we had the Italian Chicken baguette with crisps and salad, my brother had a bacon cheeseburger with chips and onion rings and my friend had a goats cheese and roasted veg sandwich with coleslaw and salad. Food was delicious, wonderfully presented and what's better - three of us ate with drinks included for £18! It was so good, we had to go again today - I had the Chicken, Pesto, Mozzerella and Sundried Tomato wraps - just brilliant! I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough - you must try it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yummy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had lunch here with my friend,,wasn't dissapointed,,food was delicious , and presented well good portion size , reasonably priced to,service wonderful.. all in all one of the best places to eat in Nuneaton,,,

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Perfect Food and Lovely Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went here on Friday and had a fabulous dinner, the staff were fantastic and the food was superb. Thank you for a great night - we will be back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food - shame about the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Visited this cafe for lunch on a Saturday.

I had pesto chicken wrap & my husband had lasagne. The food was absolutely delicious & presentation lovely.

Only thing that let it down were the staff. It is a very small place & was busy when we visited. We noticed the staff being very rude to people who were enquiring if any tables were available. One waitress also cleared away my husbands plate & our drinks even though I was still eating which I find extremely rude.

It is a shame the staff let this place down as the chef is obviously very passionate about the standard of food they produce. As mentioned above, my wrap was absolutely gorgeous. Hopefully my experience was a one off & we are still planning to try one of the bistro evenings as the food was so good

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Anthonys C, Owner at Anthony`s, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us, but was most dissapointed with your comments regarding the service, especially rudeness to customers which as the owner of the business I find totally unacceptable. Please accept my apologies and be assured that I will address your observations. I'm glad to hear you still want to try our Bistro evening and will look forward to seeing you and your family at Anthony's in the near future for daytime lunch or one of our evening dining experiences. Best Regards - Anthony.