“gr8 value” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Nuneaton
“gr8 value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

if your hungray this is the place to be, good portions and gr8 quality food and good value, really nicely decorated recently and good sevice

Visited November 2012

“Best food pub in nuneaton Mr sadler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Eat here most weeks, always have the fillet steak pilpil never once had a bad meal. Staff are friendly. It is a very busy pub booking strongly recomended even on night's like Monday's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“All the way from South Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We produce steak, we EAT steak in South Africa and frankly, this was the best steak experience I had during all my many travels. Your quality is second to none and the prices amazing. Can't wait for my next visit to your pub.Keep the prices reasonable and the quality as is and you will always be winners.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“was a dissapointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

we went to the malt shovel new years eve after reading the reviews about how nice the pub and food was. well when we walked in we were ushered to our table after arriving early but all we wanted was to have a drink at the bar before eating. we sat down and scanned the menu and ordered a starter, i asked the waiter what the soup was and the reply i got was.....i think.....tomato! derr should know. the soup, which came with an extreamly large burger batch instead of a nice warm roll, as stated on.menu. we both ordered fillet steak, cooked spot on med/rare but the dinner was big enough to feed me,my husband and.two rohdesian ridgebacks! this was off putting along with the ladies passing through every minute to use the toilet holding onto your chair to avoid slipping on the cheap floor. we had to go to the bar to order more drinks even though we were eating in the resturant. i would not recommend this pub for eating only drinking as the food is dyer and realistically they dont have the room.for a resturant, not of a decent size. p.s....dont make an.effort with the wardrobe its not that sort of place. also we have tried to book on three ocassions and it was always fully booked so we thought it must be a fantastic eatery but no just down to very little room

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Secret paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

On a recent trip to the small market town of Nuneaton I happened to stumble upon an oasis of a restaurant/bar which went by the name of The Malt Shovel, Hartshill.

Upon entering the establishment I was greeted by a warm open fire, complimentary festive mince pies, and friendly bar staff with welcoming smiles.

After reading the extensive and very reasonably priced menu, myself and my 3 members of family ordered our meals. To my delight the quantity and more importantly, quality of the food was second to none. The beverages which accompanied were also excellent.

I suggest if your ever passing through, make sure you pop in and enjoy the dining experience which The Malt Shovel offers. A truly fantastic local pub which you'll find hard to fault.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere