“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

London
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed for one night cost £15 in sale and this was fantastic value
Small complaint that wall socket and light did not work
Bed a bit saggy

FOr our Canadian reviewer 2 jan

it is perfectly normal in Europe for hotels to charge internet separatly
It is perfectly normal in Europe to have CRT TC+VS in budget hotels
It is perfectly normal in Europe to have environmental signs which in fact do not compel you to do anything
This are just a suggestion. Why on earth complain about a suggestion????

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Staffs UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel a few times. This room was better than others and was mostly quite clean and functional. Maybe all the rooms have been improved, but there's no signs of recent work, I guess it's luck of the draw. The bed was a little saggy which meant the sleep could have been better.

The price we paid in the sale was very cheap so for the money, I don't have any complaints. Bottom line, you often get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Well I normally would have taken a holiday inn, but since I was without a car helping to arrange and attend a funeral, I needed something close. Originally there were 4 days open when checking on the web. As it took a day to get all the transport arranged, next day when I attempted to book it would give me Fri. Sun. & Mon. no sat. So I booked with a missing day. Next day I looked and surprise the sat. was free (many rooms avail.) so I booked it. Later called central LD from Canada at 10p a min. to make sure the 4 day booking was fine. I was told not to worry there wasn't a problem. Imagine my surprise arriving on Friday at the hotel and being told the booking was Sat.-Mon. OK problems happen, I said just book me a room. I had no idea after many calls to the manager, who was at another hotel a couple of miles away, that the room would still not be booked an hour later. I needed a toilet a wash and a meal as I been travelling for 4 hours. The manager wasted a solid hour telling me the Fri was cancelled for the Sat. so it was my fault. It couldn't be further from the truth in actuality the booking program automatically assumed the 1st booking, fri. sun. Mon. no sat. was a mistake gave me sat and cancelled Fri. I had been travelling for 3 days and was not online to check email, or I would have seen the Fri. cancellation email. That brings me to internet connections at this chain, whereas to my knowledge all 1st world hotels offer free wi-fi in one form or another, not this bunch $8.50 per hr. so in 3 1/2 hours it would cost what I pay for a month at home. Then the television 12" CRT (it's been over 5 years since I've seen a CRT TV and not a flat screen in a hotel) 6 free view channels??? no radio, no alarm. Environmental sign in the bathroom about reusing towels and when they're dirty throw in the tub. So keep using them wet all day. I also had to go out 2 mornings in a row to find a cup of tea. The 2 bags that come daily with the room hadn't been replenished. No hair dryer in room ask at front desk except they're all out. No you mean everybody showers in the morning?? Come on hair dryers a can be had for $10@ even less if you're a big chain and have buying power In all my years I have never had to argue to get into another room after I thought I had one legitimately booked it was also their mistake not mine. The only saving grace was Ruby at the front desk, who was as helpful as she could possibly be, was extremely upset at what I had to go through, but there wasn't much she could do, as her hands were tied. If this is how they run a business it's bordering on criminality, no apology, no acceptance of responsibility, and not a shred of customer respect.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Oxfordshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The adjacent "Harvester" no longer provides breakfasts, so the only thing you can get at this hotel is the dire "Breakfast in a Bag", for £4.50 ... a truly dispiriting start to the morning. For evening meals the "Harvester" is fine - always busy & reasonably priced. Better still, walk round the corner to a neaby Chinese (excellent), an Indian & another eating pub.The hotel itself has fairly spacious rooms, but they look tired - mould on the bathroom ceiling, rust on the shower-curtain rail, some lights not working. The daily cleaning of rooms seems a bit sketchy, too. The poor English of some Reception staff can cause difficulties.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking car-park & especially ones over the hotel entrance (noise from arrivals...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

It's clean, comfy and most of the staff are great ! Chelle, Dave, Dawn and Tez have a great
friendly attitude and no request is too big....the Pakistani crew however need a crash course in customer service skills and command of the English language.

Room Tip: I split my vacation between here and Wales, so stayed in 2 different rooms here, both were excellent...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Me and my partner stayed here for 1 night. The main door is locked at night, and as we arrived after 10pm me had to ring the bell to gain entry. Unfortunately nobody was on the desk and so we did not get let in for about 20 mins. When we got to our room it wasnt the cleanest of rooms. the bed was broken and so we got hardly any sleep. When we cam to use the bathroom in the morning, when we used the shower the drains smelt of sewage..
Stayed in a few travelodges and most are clean and basic but this was old and not kept very clean. Think this one is in need of an update or closing as there is another only a couple of miles away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Toulouse, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

we stopped for 1 night, 2 adults, 1 child, 1 toddler, room 8 it was clean and comfy ,the man on the desk was very helpful gave us extra pillows straight away ,( i mention this because in an expensive hotel in london it was a three hour wait for two pillows). although he looked at me a bit strange when i asked if he sold dummies . no noise, no bad smells just a good nights sleep. the lady who replaced him in the morning was just as friendly gave us 1st hand knowledge of the town of nuneaton . the town was great lovely little market town..... so if you need to stay there.. try it £29 for a family cant beat that.....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Nuneaton? Share your experiences!