“100% brilliant!!! 11/10” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 113 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Crossed Khukris is a warm and welcoming family run restaurant serving mouthwatering Nepalese cuisine at an affordable price, whilst not sacrificing on quality. Winner of the Godiva Gold award 2008 and 2010, we are voted as one of the best restaurant in Coventry and Warwickshire. We were also recognized as one of the best restaurants in the Warwickshire country by the 'AA guide to restaurants and pubs' in 2012.At Crossed Khukris, we aim to serve our customers with the best Nepalese foods, tantalizing your taste buds with our popular 'Hill Boy' Sauce and provide warm and friendly dining environment.Please do not forget to like our facebook page. We look forward to seeing you soon.
“100% brilliant!!! 11/10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Great place, great food, great people, took my fiancé for valentines day, the £14 champagne had sold out so the man gave us the £24 champagne for £14, truly great, would recommend to anyone! Many thanks

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Gurkhalee, Manager at Crossed Khukris Gurkha Restaurant, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review Cramsey89. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant Valentine's experience at Cross Khukris Gurkha Restaurant. We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards
Om Gurung

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“All round excellent food, service, and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I have takeaways from here and every time the food is excellent. I've also eaten in to and our every need has been taken care of. Om and his staff are always very friendly and nothing is to much for them. I would recommend this place to everyone. If you haven't experienced this type of cooking I would recommend the mixed chow main, Chef special Bhenda, Piro Khasi or the Gurkha Beef.

Keep up the good work and hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards

Craig
24 St Mary's Road

• 5 of 5 stars Food
omgrgmbe, Owner at Crossed Khukris Gurkha Restaurant, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Craig,
We are very much delighted with your excellent review. I have mention to my staffs at our weekly staffs meeting, about this weekly review including yours, and they are very much appreciated.
Thank you very much for your costom and excellent review, i hope we are able to continue to serve for many years.
Kind regards
OM
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Apleasant and interesting occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My partner and I visited this restaurant on a recommendation from friends.
We booked early, 6 pm as we went to Nuneaton by train. By 7 pm the restaurant was nicely busy.
Both decor and costumes worn by the female waitresses were lovely.
We were happy with the service and appeared to get complimentary poppadoms.
We had starters and mains, my partner trying the interestingly named momo.
My special was nicely spiced and delicious. Well worth trying for a change and we will definetly go again!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
omgrgmbe, Owner at Crossed Khukris Gurkha Restaurant, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Iluckett,

Thank you for giving us a wonderful review. We really appreciate it. Thank you for adding photos as well.

I am glad yourself and your other half enjoyed your first experience at the restaurant. We hope next time you visit we can offer you and your fellow guests the service

Nuneaton, England, United Kingdom
“Some thing different in Curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Having attended this establishment on numerous occasions i have had the pleasure in sampling most items on the menu, both with my partner and my family,
I have only every experienced fine food, fantastic atmosphere, Great service and attention to detail, and excellent wine menu, and a good selection of beers to boot.
I highly recommend this eatery a definite must Gurkah food is beautiful and always well prepared

• Visited December 2012
Dear Matt,

Thank you for the wonderful review and rating you gave us. We really appreciate it and we hope to see you again.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Great food but service not so first class!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Second time we've been to this restaurant. We were very early and they were incredibly busy. Great sign in these apparent frugal times! Disappointing not to be offered a drink from the bar or even the menu to peruse. On being seated had to wait about 10 mins to be asked what we'd like to drink then I'm sure we only got one so soon because we asked if we could order one! Food arrived piping hot and timely considering how busy they were. Beautiful food- can't argue with that and we found it to be good value for what we'd ordered. Just a shame that service initially was slow. Hopefully just a blip as wasn't like that last time. Def worth a visit though for something a little different to your standard cuisine choice.

Dear Berverly,

Thank you for giving us a good rating. I do apolozise on the behalf of the staff for the slow service you and other guests experienced that night. You are right we should have offered you and your guests drink or menu whilst you were waiting for the table. We are sorry for this and I have informed our staff about this matter. This should not have happened no matter how busy the resturant was.
We are looking forward to seeing you again and hopefully we will improve our service next time you visit.