“A Special Meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oak Hockley Heath

The Oak Hockley Heath
8640 Stratford Road, Hockley Heath, Solihull B94 5NW, England (Formerly The Warwick Hockley Heath)
01564 785 252
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: The Oak is a well established property in the rural area of Hockley heath. We offer a real taste of warwickshire and aim to make every guest wish they could have more. We also have a large function facility which can be taylor made for any occasion
Solihull, England
“A Special Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Over the years have visited the then Oak now The Warwick. The place has improved radically. The food is absolutely brilliant. Each dish is served to look mouth watering. Overall very good indeed, though a little pricey. But you pay for the quality. Will be back again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Excellent food made very welcome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The new owners have made this Their's. What a lovely evening my friends and I had. Do not
think this is the same as the previous management. As the food is far better and the service was excellent.

Good choice of food at very good prices for the very high standard of food served. If in the area this is worth a visit. The dinning room is very well laid out, and everything is spotless.

This is now a place we shall be returning to soon.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Bring back the Oak!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Both my husband and I thought we would have a trip down memory lane and visit the warwick as it was there a year ago our wedding reception was held.
Not much had changed decor wise but the service was awful along with the arctic temperature in the restaurant!
When our orders were taken it was as of we were a burden to the staff. When our glasses became empty we were never asked if we wanted any more drinks. When our mains came one of the waitresses knocked over our seasonal veg swearing loudly and laughing. We weren't even offered a new bowl full it was left up to my husband to pick up the veg! When we complained about this to the other waitress she laughed then apologized obviously not taking the situation seriously.

I'm pleased to say the food standard was much the same as the oak however not a very exciting menu!

Overall a disappointment

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Devon
“Big room, cold setting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We dropped our daughters off at a concert at the NEC and then arranged to meet my brother-in-law for dinner. We live in Devon so we left it to him to book a table at the Oak in Hockley Heath. Having eventually discovered that it is no longer called the Oak but the Warwick, which was apparently its original name, we chose our drinks at the bar.

I looked around. What exactly was the Warwick? A restaurant, a bar, a wedding venue? Well, the beer was good but does a bar really need to be dominated by a large screen showing Strictly Come Dancing?

We entered the restaurant itself, which stretched far and wide. We were given a table in the far corner. After a few minutes we requested a heater as it was certainly a bit nippy. The menu was more limited than I had anticipated but offered a good variety of dishes. From the starters, we selected soup, goats cheese and figs and ham hock. All were well presented and reasonably tasty. The mains ranged from roasted cod to pork belly. Again, perfectly acceptable fare but nothing to write home about. The pannacotta dessert, though, was a great disappointment. The pannacotta had a surface skin while the accompanying raspberries were just barely defrosted. Our in-laws told us that under previous management the menu had been more far-reaching.

The room was about 30% full, the party room next door was nicely decorated for Halloween but the place seemed to lack soul. I am sure when filled with celebrating wedding guests the Warwick takes on a different persona, but I would give this a miss on a quiet Saturday night. I would also give it a miss if you are not invited to the wedding.

As we left, the TV was still showing whatever happened to be on BBC1 (Casualty, perhaps). I am not sure this is the ambience the management is seeking.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic wedding reception!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Having got married in France, my husband and I decided to look for a venue to hold a reception party for all our friends and family who couldn't make it out to France with us.

After a lot of searching on the internet and being quoted ridiculous prices elsewhere for room hire, we came across 'The Warwick' and were immediately impressed by the style of the function room on offer and the hire cost.

It's location was perfect, close to the M42 and with plenty of options for accommodation close by should our guests wish to stay over.

Tom Wharam was an absolute star. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Even a last minute request to find a projector (so that our guests could view photos from our wedding in France on a large screen) was left with him and sure enough he managed to find one for us. He couldn't have been friendlier and yet professional at the same time.

The Pig Roast organised for us went down exceptionally well with everyone present and our guests were very complimentary about the whole evening and particularly about Tom himself! Many said that they would be recommending the venue for hire and will think of it for future events and were very impressed by both function rooms decor.

Having eaten in the bar on a few occasions we've always been very impressed with the level of service and quality of food. Being an Interior Designer of bars and restaurants for many years, I've visited many establishments up and down the country particularly in London and feel The Warwick is one of the few I would recommend and return to myself.

Thanks Tom for your kind hospitality and hard working staff! We had a fantastic time and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,