My wife & I booked our stay via LateRooms.com on a bed and breakfast basis for 84 pounds for two nights 22nd & 23rd February. The purpose of our stay was to celebrate my mothers 80th birthday. My father paid substantially more for their "upgraded room" and on a half board basis (read ExHotelier review). Our room was a standard room on the first floor in the modern 80s block adjacent to the rear carpark. For the price we paid we were pleasantly surprised with the quality and size of the room having experienced other Coast & Country standard rooms. The one big issue we had about the accomodation was the poor sound proofing between bedrooms. Throughout our stay we were kept awake by either late night TV (had to telephone the next door room to ask them to turn the sound down), neighbours snoring then going to the toilet (with the full sound effects). We comforted ourselves with the knowledge that we had not paid a great deal for the room.
Breakfast was best described as adequate but the service was quite slow, this could well be due to fact the hotel was full and I think the staff were struggling to cope with the numbers. As a previous reviewer has stated, there were no croissants or bread rolls displayed, although they are listed on the menu. We both commented at the time that compared to other Shearings/Coast & Country Hotels the breakfast at Charlecote was not up to the usual standard. I just hope it hasn't changed at their other hotels as we are due to stay at Hunstanton at the end of this month.
When it came to the evening meal, as we were on a B&B basis we ordered from the A la carte menu which might be best described as adequate but would have expected better for the money. If it wasn't for my parents staying on a half board basis and we wanted to eat with them I don't think we would have choosen to eat at this hotel. Having experienced the Table d'hote menu I think my parents wished they had also booked on a B&B basis and taken dinner elsewhere.
Throughout our stay we found the bar and dining room staff very helpful and professional. However, at no point throughout the weekend did a manager make himself known to either my parents or us to ask how things were or to respond to my fathers concern about the lights in his bedroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in the delightful village of Charlecote, opposite the village church, historic Charlecote House and Deer Park. Those wishing to adventure a little further, The Charlecote Pheasant is just minutes from the historic towns of Stratford upon Avon, Warwick and Leamington Spa. The hotel offers charm and character combined with fantastic new facilities. The Charlecote Pheasant has 69 bedrooms with some beautifully appointed superior and premier rooms.The Charlecote Restaurant with its original solid beams and other features adds to the overall character to offer an informal dining experience. The hotel Bar and Lounge offers a relaxing retreat to read or enjoy an afternoon tea. The Hotel has 4 acres of landscaped grounds to provide a lovely rural feel, sit out in and enjoy a refreshing drink. For the more active there is a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Charlecote Pheasant
- Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
- The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel Warwickshire