“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel

You added The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel to your Saves list
The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nr Stratford-Upon-Avon, Charlecote CV35 9EW, England (Formerly Coast & Country Charlecote Pheasant Hotel)   |
Special Offer
£20 WEEKEND OFFER
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Charlecote
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
yorkshire
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

In my opinion excellent value for money. I found the rooms to be very clean and unlike the previous posts I thought the food was very good, Breakfast was more than adequate with a choice of cereals, porridge,fruit and juices and a full English which was always served very efficiently. I was only able to recieve the 5 terrestrial chanels on the tv but was told that they hope to have all the rooms upgraded to digital service by the end of the month. This was not a problem as when I go on holiday it is not to sit in my room and watch tv.
Overall I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your break here at the Charlecote Pheasant, and that you are happy with our value for money breaks which we pride our selves in delivering. I hope to welcome you again at the Charlecote, if not at one of our other Coast and Country Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Wells, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Having been to two other coast and country hotel before( Exmouth& Bournemouth) and found them to be excellent value we invited friends from Halifax to join us at the Charlecote Pheasant for a weekend break. Upon arrival we thought the setting was perfect, our standard rooms were clean and more than adequate, but a major disappointment was the restaurant. On the first evening the meals were awful, some left uneaten.The second evening reasonable, third evening not good again. breakfasts mostly overcooked and cold,in fact only food hot enough was the soup on last evening. Also presentation leaves a lot to be desired. THe staff were all very helpful, polite and friendly but unfortunately the hotel was let down badly by the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your weekend at the Charlecote Pheasant, we work very hard at maintaining a standard through out the group with regards to food, accomodation and service and we shall investigate your comments with the relevant Depts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Checked into what seemed a lovely hotel all was nice until I turned on the tv and boy do I wish I hadn't not only did I not have a single channel available as but upon asking at reception several times could somebody please have a look at this for me I was fobbed off several times one of the hotel staff even came into my room snapped the cable in anger and said that was my fault and he would sort a new one and hour later I'm back at reception as he never did come back oh my god I was told to go stay else where as they would give me my money back and to leave the premises in 5 minutes and that I was no longer welcome obviously gob smacked I left my partner who was travelling to stay with me called up to speak to a manager just to be shouted at disgraceful!! I have also taken video footage of my experiance!A complaint has been sent to this hotels head office and thankfully I had a great night elsewhere in stratford upon avon after this experiance I couldn't care less if I'm not welcome again the truth hurts as they say AVOID!!!

• Stayed March 2012
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Please ignore this misleading review.

I recall you had previously stayed at the hotel and on the last occasion I upgraded your room free of charge to a superior due to a minor issue with the bedroom door.

The room which you had been checked into had been vacated that morning and the housekeeper reported that the TV was working properly.

After you reported that it was damaged and when our staff investigated it, it was found that the cable had been cut and

our receptionist informed that as it was the weekend we could not fix the TV and had no other room to move you in to.

You demanded to be refunded which we gladly obliged.

When the receptionist had not had the key returned she came to the room to find a do not disturb sign on the outside door.

When the room was eventually vacated, on inspection it was evident that the shower had been used as the floor was soaking and all towels had been used, and empty beer bottles all left round the room as well as empty tobacco pouches at the Window and the room stank of alcohol and smoke.

I received a phone call from your partner to whom I explained the facts of what had happened and the state you had left the room in to which she apologised.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Great meals breakfast and dinner included. Dark corridors, very comfy rooms with tea and coffee facilities. Building made to look like original how it was many years ago. Most visitors seems to be of a mature age. Clean, tidy. friendly and also handy to many places of interest. People have their wedding receptions here and their is a lovely little church opposite.

Room Tip: choose bottom floors if you have luggage to carry up.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
It was nice to read that you enjoyed our Hotel and Surrounding area, we are indeed Luck to have such a beautifull Church across the road from us ,and it also has nice settings and very handy for our Bride and Grooms who book their wedding here.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

we had a three night weekend break with a lovely big room good food and entertainment on Saterday night. the location is just right for Stratford with the local bus stopping right out side the hotel also if you are a member of the National Trust Charlecote Manor is just across the road and is a must to visit, I have just three gripes that spoiled the stay ,right at the end of the online booking a charge of £11.00 to pay by credit card & £12.50 per person cancellation charge for travel insurance both of these i did not pay also a very old TV that did not even have Freeview in this digital age but apart from these small points we would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Please ignore this misleading review.

You demanded to be refunded which we gladly obliged.

Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

After reading the reviews I was a bit apprehensive as what to expect.
It could not have been better, booked a Monday to Friday stay with Shearings self drive. All the staff were excellent receptionists, waiters and waitressess bar staff and chambermaids.
Very good selection on the menu both for breakfast and dinner.
We had standard room was was large and a bath/shower which were both very clean.

Ideal for touring the Stratford area

And very good value for the money

The only reason that I have not given 5 its as my wife always said that there is always room for improvement but it is hard to find where.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
It was so nice to read your very touching comments and kind remarks about all the team here at Charlecote Pheasant, I have passed them on to all Depts. As a holiday Company we do offer great value breaks in our own Hotels and it's very reassuring that you enjoyed it so much here at the Charlecote. It is a great place to base yourself and tour the beautifull surrounding area and with the National Trust Charlecote Park across the road you dont have to go to far if you dont want to. Hope to welcome you back soon
Ipswich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed just one night here as I have a friend living nearby and our football team were playing locally so my husband went to the game while I met my friend.

Very impressed with the standard of the hotel which looks as if it's been refurbished fairly recently. Our room was large and cosy, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. In the Farmhouse annexe which was just across the car park - not very nice weather for walking about as we had heavy snowfall in the afternoon, but that wouldn't normally be an issue.

Found all the staff very cheerful and pleasant - nothing seemed too much trouble.

We had dinner from the set menu and food was hot and tasty, so was the breakfast next morning.

Hope to return when the weather is warmer.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and like many other customers found it great value for money. The Farmhouse building is infact the original part of the hotel and as you have said has some beautifull bedrooms, the reception area and Bar and Restaurant where indeed refurbished in March 2011. I do hope you reurn in the summer as again enjoy all that the Charlecote Pheasant has to offer

Been to The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel? Share your experiences!