“Great location for the NEC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rooms from £58
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Berkswell
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great location for the NEC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

At least this hotel doesn't increase their prices when a show or exhibition is on at the nearby NEC. Easy to find location, with a restaurant/pub next door. I have stayed here many times before in 2004/2005 and it was good to see that they had extended the accomodation and updated the rooms.
Huge TVs in each room - a real surprise. Free wifi in the restaurant, but not in the rooms
Down side? The quality of food at the restaurant can be patchy, but the staff are friendly and they make sure that solo travellers are sat in quiet but good tables. If you want better places to eat, then a quick trip to Kenilworth where they have a better selection.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manny S, Manager at Premier Inn Balsall Common Near Nec, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Janew662,

Firstly I would like to thank you for staying at Premier Inn and secondly I thank you for taking the time out to write a review for my hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were surprised with our extension and refurbishment in the hotel.

Manny Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Guernsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This Premier Inn is handy for the NEC without paying the inflated prices you have to if you stay at their hotel on the NEC site.
My room was modern, clean and the had one of the more recently introduced larger Samsung flat screen TVs.
Couple of downsides for me - the accommodation block I stayed in is separate to the one with the reception area, so a bit of walking to and from under covered walkways. Secondly, the layout of the site is a little confusing - took me a few minutes to find where to go for reception.
Other than those couple of niggles, reassuringly consistent Premier Inn standards and a goodnight's sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ian_On_The_Rock,

Firstly I would like to thank you for staying at Premier Inn and secondly I thank you for taking the time out to write a review for my hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and it did meet your requirements

Widnes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We always stay at the Premier Inn when staying overnight. On this occasion we were visiting the NEC and chose this location because we thought it would be quieter than the one near the airport/station. As usual it did not disappoint , all facilities were excellent, and we were surprised to find a 40" flat screen TV in our room, which was a first in our hotel experience.

Dear Rosemarie H,

Truro, Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We chose this Premier Inn whilst visiting the NEC. It was clean, comfortable and provided all we needed for our visit. Staff very friendly. Room was a long walk from reception but very quiet with no roadside noise. Great selection of Indian restaurants on the high street too (recommend The Masala Club) we only paid £39 for the room which was excellent value and would think about coming back here again.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a long walk to your room!
Dear Jane,

Dear Jane,

Firstly I would like to thank you for staying at Premier Inn and secondly I thank you for taking the time out to write a review for my hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantages of the saver rate bookings online, thanks great.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a lovely hotel for which we paid £29 a night for three nights - all of which were blissfully peaceful and comfortable! Great value! The staff were invariably friendly, helpful and efficient. Balsall Common is also a great place to be in terms of being near to Stratford-Upon-Avon, Leamington Spa and Warwick. We will certainly come back to this thoroughly pleasant Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Don't think there's a lift - so if you are a little infirm, wearied or have lots of luggage...
Dear Jeremy O,

Firstly I would like to thank you for staying at Premier Inn and secondly I thank you for taking the time out to write a review for my hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantages of the £29 rooms thanks great.

Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great room and facilities. Only let down by limited free WIFI. Clean and spacious. TV etc good quality. Location ideal for NEC with a few good restaurants within walking distance! Very clean, abundant towels and good pillows! Free Tea and coffee sachets - more when asked!
Fiendly and helpful staff. Breakfast Ok - let down by coffee in flasks which never tastes great!

Room Tip: WE had first floor room at the end- completely quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Barbara T, Manager at Premier Inn Balsall Common Near Nec, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Trottersfan,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review for Balsall Common Premier Inn, I am happy that you had a great stay with it and us was a convenient location for you getting to your destination.

Thank you for choosing Premier Inn Balsall Common to stay with and hope to see you again very soon

Operations Manager
hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Fab employees of p I also staff of the beefeater but the bed was so hard it spoiled my stay as I suffered with pain in my back and joints. Shame as everything else was so good. They did refund the first night which was very good. If you don't mind sleeping on a bed that has no give in the mattress then you will be fine with premier inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear luvusahants,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to go onto trip advisor and writing a review for Balsall Common Premier Inn. I am sorry to know that the bed was not as comfortable for you.
I am glad you were happy with all of the staff.

Operations Manager

Been to Premier Inn Balsall Common Near Nec? Share your experiences!