“Clean and quiet for a service station hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Warwick South M40

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Warwick South M40 to your Saves list
Days Inn Warwick South M40
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   J14 12 M40 Banbury Road, Ashorne CV35 0AA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #1 of 1 Ashorne B&B and Inns
manchester
“Clean and quiet for a service station hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here so we could get to Silverstone nice and early for the MotoGP.
Booked the hotel via booking.com and had no problem with booking in, receptionist was very nice.
We had a room on the 1st floor on the side away from the car park - room was lovely and clean and off all the chain hotels we stay in this is the one that gives you a biscuit on the tea/coffee tray (it's the little things you notice). Our room had a nice double bed and a sofa bed. There is a hairdryer and a trouser press in the room.
The bathroom has a bath and a shower and there is shower gel in a dispenser on the wall.
Bed was comfortable enough and plenty of pillows.

It is handy being at the services to get something to eat - waitrose, KFC, burgerking, starbucks and their own restaurant.

We didn't have the breakfast pack as we were leaving at 7am and they are only available from 7.

Takes approx 30 minutes to get to Silverstone.
A great stay for us with no problems.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent good value, fairly cheap hotel in good location for motorway access. We stayed two nights with our dog which was no extra charge and looked round Stratford-upon-Avon. Reception staff very helpful with local directions and establishments such as eating out. Would stay at hotel again. If you want breakfast don't go into the Service Area even though you can book through the hotel at a discounted rate for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

excellent place for a short stay, very clean lovely staff,booking over the phone was easy was not to imprest with the breakfast. next time will try the continental breakfast, deliverd to the door.shops are very close, good eating places.

Room Tip: rooms on south side quieter
Bideford, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked this online through hotels.com booking a non smoking room! "apparently” the system somewhere failed to register non-smoking! innocently arriving at 10:15 pm, went to the room and opening the door the stench hit us. Be warned the smoking rooms REALLY STINK!

I returned to reception saying “look I am sorry but I booked a non-smoking room” to which the lady on reception looked at her booking and said your booking is for a smoking room to which I replied "look I am sorry but I have never smoked and cannot sleep in a smoking room we could not even walk into the room!" At this she said they are completely full and cannot move us. I calmly replied asking is there no chance of a change as I would rather sleep in the "expletive deleted" car than in that room. She then hits the roof saying "I had better not swear at her" and I pointed out I was not swearing “at” her and again calmly repeated myself, she then modified her words and said I should not swear "in her hearing", that she does not have to do anything, “so unless I start talking to her nicely" she won't even look. At this point I questioned what she was saying and she repeated that if I wanted her to try and find a way to move my room, which she did not have to do, she would not even look. I then requested the duty manager and was given a phone number and name. I left the talking to my companion at this point and left the reception. I tried the phone number I had been given and all it did was ring and was not answered. I then travelled to the north bound establishment finding they were also full. That gentleman receptionist when I explained what happened helped me to find another hotel, having told me that he did not have access to check if there were any untaken non smoking rooms on the south bound carriageway.

I did speak to Hotels.com that evening to try and get help and for finding alternative accommodation but they stated that in the booking somewhere I had indicated a smoking room and that in future I should phone them rather than book online as on the phone they check at "every stage of the booking" the details of the booking. (that sounds to me like they get this problem a lot and maybe they need to look at their web site and improve it to avoid the problem). Hotels.com said they would talk to the hotel and see if they could get a room change but I did not hear back from them at all. and still have not.

I had been given the duty managers phone number and name, when I requested it which I was unable to raise at the time as it went to a phone next to the gentleman that was helpful on the northbound carriageway (who was not the duty manager). I spoke to the duty manager the next day and she did manage to find me a replacement "Non Smoking" room for the second night but I later phoned and released the room (without refund as it was a prepaid room) as some friends said they would rather pay for a room at their hotel and have us join them rather than it go wrong again.

I again state that with the exception of the receptionist who I could not get past everyone was pleasant and tried to help! but it was one of my worst experiences in a hotel ever!

Not a good way to celebrate my birthday.

Would I use a Days Inn again? Not by choice and truthfully it was all down to the receptionist who did not wish to help once she thought I had sworn at her and when I pointed out I was swearing at the situation she had dug the trench and could not stop digging. When your stuck down a hole stop digging is something I learnt a long time ago but some people when they have a position that can make things difficult for others get a buzz from that feeling of power and that is what I think happened here.

The main thing I would say here is AVOID smoking rooms at these establishments and if you can't make sure you are getting a non smoking room go elsewhere!

Room Tip: If you book using hotels.com phone do not trust the online booking system
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Booked for nights of 2-3/8/13. Had Standard Poodle with me for the first night.
Booking by phone was a pleasure with polite and helpful receptionist.
Made welcome on arrival.
Room was spotlessly clean and bed comfortable.
Excellent Continental style breakfast delivered to my door at time requested.
All members of staff friendly and helpful.
Saw no bugs or vermin.
First time I have stayed at a Days Inn and certainly recommend this establishment.
Pleasant grassed area for dog walking and/or sunbathing(!) with woodland paths adjacent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dunstable
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during the CLA Game Fair in July 2013. Two family rooms as there were 8 of us. Plenty of entertainment if you enjoy watching rats scurrying from the nearby service station bins across the car park into the bushes near the hotel door. Unfortunately the hotel had lost our hotels.com booking and the foreign receptionist became surly, rude and very unhelpful 'you must go away, I have no rooms!' After about an hour of arguing with the staff in reception we were given two rooms. The beds are incredibly uncomfortable, the rooms were way too hot, and the windows could only be cracked open. One of the rooms had an ants nest in the brickwork near the window. Although we complained, nothing was done and to discourage thousands of the little blighters from stealing the sugar from the beverage tray I had to smear Vaseline all around the window. If anyone sees some little dark smears on the wall of room 17 then that is the result of some of he more intrepid ants coming into contact with the sole of my shoe!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My family of 3 adults stayed at this hotel in July 2013, after visiting Warwick Castle. Hotel is located about 20 minutes drive from Warwick along M40 south bound towards London. Hotel is at a reasonable distance from highway so we had a peaceful rest. Breakfast was simple & provided at the Welcomebreak service outlet. Hotel was priced reasonably & convenience for my onwards journey towards London next day.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Days Inn Warwick South M40? Share your experiences!