My husband & I stayed for 1 night 24.11.2012. We were going to Sunderland greyhounds for the night. We arrived at 2pm and checked in, the 2 female staff on the desk at reception were extremely welcoming and very helpful with questions we had. We went up to the room, 115 on the 1st floor (no lift). It was a very pleasant room, a kettle & a selection of teas and coffees were on a small table along with 2 packets of biscuits. The room was certainly more than adequate for us. A double bed with a side table for each of us and a side light each, at the foot of the bed there was a tv mounted on the wall.There was a trouser press and a full length mirror neear the window and on the opposite wall was a dressing table with a mirror. As we entered the room there was a wardrobe behind the door and a bathroom opposite the room door. There was a lockable door to the bathroom. The shower is not the most powerful, but it was more than adequate, at least the bathroom was spotless with white towels & some toiletries supplied. We unpacked & went into the town for a wander, when we returned we stopped off at the hotel bar, we were welcomed by the bar manager, Mark. Wonderful service and made conversation with us as if we were regulars at the bar. we mentioned we would need a taxi for later on, he booked it for us with a reputable taxi company.
We arrived back late that night and were greeted by the night staff. We were certainly mane very welcome by all the staff. Going for breakfast in the morning a couple of the staff asked if we had a good night at the race track, it was nice to know they remembered what we were staying there for and there were quite a lot of people at breakfast so we were not just 2 of very few people staying there that night.
A good selection of cold breakfast items and then we were asked what we would like to order for a cooked breakfast. A full English was supplied with a pot of tea and a pot of coffee with some slices of toast.
`We would both recommend this hotel, very clean and friendly, good sized room and a very good breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flat screen television. Freeview and terrestrial channels. Free Wi-Fi Internet connection. Direct dial telephone. Hairdryer. Trouser press. Tea & coffee making facilities. All come as standard in Best Western - The Sea Hotel bedrooms. Our hotel annex provides five extra bedrooms for disabled customers. Secured private car park. Friendly Pub. Private restaurant. Bar. Conference & Event rooms. We have everything you need for a relaxing enjoyable stay at the Sea Hotel in South Shields. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN The Sea Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western South Shields
- South Shields Best Western
- Best Western Newcastle Upon Tyne
- BEST WESTERN The Sea Hotel South Shields, England