“PEAZ LAMB CHOPS” 5 of 5 stars

0191 454 5111
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 135 Restaurants in South Shields
Cuisines: English, Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
South Shields, United Kingdom
“PEAZ LAMB CHOPS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have been to this restaurant a number of times and have never been disappointed. It is slightly more expensive than some of the Ocean Road establishments. But it has a substantial menu with different dishes. One problem I have with it is that the Peaz lamb chop starter is so good I cannot order anything else when I go. There is a good selection of fish curries. The rice dishes are some of the best I have experienced very well cooked and tasty. The staff are always attentive without being over bearing. Nice pint of Cobra too which helps.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

south shields
“Best curry house by a clear mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My family and I came here to celebrate my brothers 30th birthday. The staff were amazing and the food was beautiful. May be a little more expensive than other Indian restaurants but worth every penny. Would recommend to anyone visiting the area

Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Brilliant curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Had to spend a Monday night in south shields and was dreading it, this curry house changed my opinion for Ever. Superb food and service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“very mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I chose to try lasun after hearing good reports and thought it's quite handy if having a few drinks in westoe instead of getting a taxi to ocean rd. In future I will just get that taxi. The food was just very bland and none of what any of us ordered would I order again. Staff were fine but the bill was quite hefty at nearly £100 for 3 courses and just a couple of cobras each. Apologies but this was not a patch on my old faithfull on ocean road.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SOUTH SHIELDS
“I've Eaten Quite A Few Curries In South Shields In My Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

There is a lot of competition in South Shields for curry houses, the standards are pretty good.........however:

The Lasun on Dean Road is on another level. Absolute curry heaven.

The best I have tasted by a long way, which tbh in South Shields takes some doing.

• Visited August 2013