“Best The have had” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“Best The have had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The best place to go .Tx Grumpy .Love it ...........Staff they lovely , quickly services food are great and the atmosffere is spledid . They very busy but the staff they realy do the best to make us happy , comfortable and feel like coming back .Lots of ******* Grumpy (U r not grumpy at all ) Pam .

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Not so Grumpy Gastro-Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I believe the British term for this establishment is a 'gastro-pub"! Nevertheless the food was good and the atmosphere was buzzing at least for the earlier part of the evening on the Thursday night we visited the place. Steaks were overcooked, however my rare steak satisfied one of the group who had ordered a 'medium' one and I was given a properly cooked replacement. By 1015pm the place had emptied out leaving just the six of us to enjoy ourselves. Starters, main courses and four bottles of wine together with a modest tip came to £240.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice food but dreadful service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a table for four at the Grumpy Mole last night. Was expecting good things after hearing great feedback on the one in Tadworth. We were left rather disappointed with the whole experience, mainly due to the poor service. The staff are friendly but not very competent. Not being given menus when we first sat down and eventually having to ask for some shows you the level we're talking about here. We also overheard lots of apologies being given to other tables around us as the waiting staff got food or drinks orders wrong.

We had to wait about an hour for our main courses to arrive, which became uncomfortable as the temperature in the restaurant began to rise. The venison Wellington was disappointingly over cooked, but otherwise the food was nice but not exceptional. By the end of our meal we were desperate to get into the fresh air to cool down, and it wasn't a particularly warm evening! I'd be reluctant to go back at this point in time.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Talks a good game, doesn't deliver.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I ate here with my with and two friends on a pretty busy Friday night. The welcome was warm and friendly and the restaurant itself is nicely decorated and welcoming. Beyond that there was little else right!
We ordered a wine, two lagers and a beer. First the two beers arrived, then after 2-3 minutes the wine, then only when I asked about the beer was I told they were changing the barrel. What I eventually received was a murky, cloudy glass of sludge with no apology even when I asked for it to be changed.
After 30 minutes of staff rushing passed us I had to stop one just to order some food. The waitress was unpleasant, uninterested and basically rude. When the food arrived it was good, only good and definitely not great. We asked for some mustard which never arrived and we asked for more drinks, which never arrived.
I think in general the food is good enough but don't expect to be impressed, the service is woeful and is the main reason I, and my friends, will not be going back.
Having said that, I have heard very good things about the other 2 Grumpy Mole's nearby.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Epsom, United Kingdom
“happy customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stopped in randomly for lunch here one day after a sports game, friendly staff and great food, all you can ask for!

Visited January 2013