“BEST FISH AND CHIPS RESTAURANT CHAIN” 5 of 5 stars

+44 20 86486908
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 105 Restaurants in Sutton
Llandysul, United Kingdom
“BEST FISH AND CHIPS RESTAURANT CHAIN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family have been visiting the Superfish chain for DECADES.
We moved to Wales in 2000, but always visit again when in the area.
We have been to most outlets but generally visit London Road, or the one on the Organ Inn roundabout. We have also been to Cheam, Tolworth and Byfleet; and we used to go to Wimbledon (but it shut down). They are all really good.
Service is always efficient; the restaurants are invariably popular; the fish and chips are EXCELLENT; there is wine and beer as well as tea, coffee etc and they also offer fish served grilled or steamed with salad.
You always start the meal with prawns and french bread and butter; the fish and chips are served with a selection of sauces and pickles ... no horrible plastic packets at Superfish!!!!
Staff are always friendly (even the Chief Fryers!), and they usually stay for years!
There is no better place to have fish and chips in Surrey my opinion.
We are grateful to the Family for their dedication to this endeavour over the years

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London,
“Good reliable quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have been getting fish and ships here literally for decades, usually takeaway, but sometimes restaurant. We have not yet been disappointed. In the restaurant we either have tea or wine (the list is short but good), so can't comment on the coffee. Service is friendly and accurate. There's a reasonable variety of fish (cod, haddock, hake, plaice, huss etc.),well cooked, certainly to our taste (formed in Yorkshire and London). Recommended wholeheartedly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Whilst the chips here are acceptable they are nothing out of the ordinary, the portions are much smaller than anywhere else I have been. Whenever I have been here, as it is only place for fish and chips in the village, they are always out of something in their extremely limited range of food. I never manage to get a sausage or saveloy, it seems that they cook a few and then it is their jobsworth to cook anymore. Staff barely speak to you, in fact ignored me when I went in to order until they finished their conversation, some five minutes later. In fairness I have only used the takeaway but judging by the service I would hardly bother to eat in here. I might add that these are not one off experiences as I have been in about ten times over four years.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Very average fish and chips”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Had never eaten in this restaurant and decided to see what it was like.Very disappointing and the fish and chips was extremely bland.The cappuccino I had also was very bland and did not even taste like coffee.Just some warm frothy drink.I was very disappointed as expected much more from a fish and chip shop whose speciality is fish and chips and have eaten allot better tasting and value for money fish and chips in chains of restaurants whose speciality is not fish and chips.The only thing I can endorse is the crusty bread served with it and also served with butter.They also serve prawns with the meal but I cannot comment on them as I did not eat them.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wimbledon
“Great Fish & Chip shop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We regularly treat our 91 year old friend to fish & chips at this restaurant - best fish & chips in South London. Friendly staff, great service & fish to die for. Beware of parking on the road outside - red route & the wardens are very active - I learned the hard way, £65 parking fine.

Visited December 2012