“Very good for a nights stay” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Reigate Hill, Reigate RH29PF, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Reigate
Aylesford, England, United Kingdom
“Very good for a nights stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Only stayed here for a night as was working 30 minutes down the road. 1st thoughts as i arrived was this looks ok (which is always a good sign) then checked in to a very pleasant Receptionist who told me everything i'd need to know.

Without dropping my bag to the room first i needed a cider as the weather was Humid. Very friendly barman who served me a pint for £3.95 which is a bargain in this area as its so close to Gatwick. Walked outside with my pint and my bag and took a sip..........ERGGGGHHHHH what a rough pint. Tasted like Fairy liquid ;(

Finished that and went to my room, which took me 5 minutes as the place is like a maze, in fact it probably was once upon a time ;) Finally find my room and WoW, spaceous, clean, up to date, in fact it looked brand new!

Done business on my laptop on a free wi-fi connection watched a bit of telly and then it was food time. I fancied another cider so i walked through the maze of corridors to the bar and ordered a drink and asked when the last order for room service was (as its FREE) and get told too late as its after 9pm. The Bar manager had a word and my dinner was served to my room at 9.45pm ;)

Breakfast was the Normal English Fry-up or continental selection Yummy;)

Only thing wrong was my room was at the back by the Kitchen vents so i could only smell chip fat all night.

Deffo 3.5* tho

Room Tip: Try not to get a room above the kitchen, unless you like the smell of chip fat
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Giles T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Many thanks for your kind words about Reigate Manor hotel. I am disappointed that you didn't enjoy your first beer; I presume the second one was better!

I am glad the management team were on hand to ensure that you received a meal and you enjoyed your breakfast!

We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business so the hotel was picked out of convenience. I checked in pretty late, around 11.30pm to midnight. Check in was very quick and the man at the desk was able to give me my room and key with no problem.
I had a pretty decent sleep. Room was clean-ish on the surface however when I opened the drawer to the dresser I found it to be full of old pic and mix sweets! I have no idea how old they were but they looked pretty dry and had started turning white, so cleaning was not at all thorough in this case.
I didnt have breakfast so I cant tell you how the food was although I couldnt drink the tea in the room as everything had a funny taste. Im not a fussy person as you can tell from my other reviews but I wasnt impressed by this.

Train station was a 10 minute walk downhill from the hotel and this was nice enough.

I did let the staff know about the sweets in the morning and they seemed pretty horrified.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Giles T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to pass on some feedback on Reigate Manor. I am disappointed to hear that parts of your bedroom were not cleaned to the standards that we set at the hotel. I have passed your feedback onto our housekeeping team.
I hope that you do wish to try our hotel again in the future so we have the opportunity to offer you a superior service.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel for business and have stayed here before. The staff are always friendly. The bar is expensive but the local larger they have on tap is well worth the price. The food lets this hotel down and this time we choose to eat out! The rooms to the right of reception seem to be better than the ones above the resturant.

Room Tip: Get a room to the right of reception on the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Giles T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Neil, Thank you for taking the time to pass on some feedback from your recent visit to the hotel. I am glad the staff made you feel welcome, but disappointed that you have had a poor dinning experience in the past and I would like to discuss this further with you to see how we can improve on this for your next visit.

Please could you email me at the hotel at gt@reigatemanor.co.uk.

Many thanks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

All the Reigate Manor staff pulled out the stops for our Dinner & Dance held on Sunday 5th May 2013. From the moment we arrived and one of the young waitress being dropped off for work offered to help carry the flowers and raffle prizes from our car. Having two staff on the front doors to welcome all our guests was a nice touch. The food was excellent, organisation well executed. I would be happy to recommend the Reigate Manor to host your event

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Giles T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Many thanks for your kind words and I am glad that you and your friends had a great evening! We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel next year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

On the 5th May we had our annaul Dinner Dance for the Wimbledon Greyhound Owners.
We had 92 people attending and I can honstly report that i never had one moan .
the food was suburb all the plates went back empty. the rooms were all very clean and tidy and all staff from front of house to the cleaners had a smile on there face, i make it a point to go round and ask people how was it for you and all said the same great night ,great food , great host. Will be back next year
alan clarke

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Giles T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Reigate Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Alan, thanks for the kind words! Glad everyone had a great night! Look forward to another great night next year if not before!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Reigate Manor on a training course with work in April 2013. We had a group discount achieving a rate of £68 per night per room.

The room was of decent size with a double bed and appeared to be clean. It was however old, worn and dated in most places and there was a large crack the full length of the ceiling.

There was plenty of car parking space but otherwise grounds were limited. There were some nice open spaces near by but required walking up a very steep hill (fine for me, perhaps not for others). It is worth noting the hotel is situated directly next to a petrol station.

Food was a weak point - although in fairness they were feeding a group of 30 people. It was over cooked and clearly kept warm for a while - then over sauce'd to compensate. The pub opposite however served great food and had a much better atmosphere.

I did get a visit from an unpleasantly large bug in the bathroom but my gut feeling says it wasn't a cockroach. Not nice though.

Overall acceptable for £68 but I wouldn't look to return.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on the hotel.

I am disappointed to hear your stay was not of a high standard. I am disappointed the food was not up to our high standards that we set and would be more than happy to discuss this further.
My contact email is gt@reigatemanor.co.uk.

Although our hotel is not as modern as some, it has lots of character, clean facilities and great links to the community and to the motorway.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Leicestershire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The only good thing about this place is the French(I think) chap that was in the restaurant in the evening(1st May) and again at breakfast the following morning. Efficient & Affable.
Room - Was not really a room but a pokey box that i couldnt swing a cat in even if i had one!
Meal - Awful mix of flavours.
Breakfast - ok. Service from the young girl was non existent. Thanks again to the French (i think) chap.
Sleep - quaility was disrupted by what sounded like a heavy swing door constantly banging shut late into the night. Need a hotel for a few colleagues and i next month in this area for 4 nights. it wont be this one.
5 star service rating for the French chap only!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback regarding the hotel.

I am hoping our email discussions outside of this forum have put the initial steps of renewing your faith in the hotel. I can guarantee we can improve on some of the basic errors that you received upon your next stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Been to BEST WESTERN Reigate Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!