I have a soft spot for this place and have spent many weekends here with my now husband in previous years. We live in hong kong now and were back in the uk recently and for the sake of nostalgia booked a night back here. Unfortunately the memories were better than the reality. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the stay but the whole place needs to move forward on a few things if it's still going to charge luxury hotel prices.
Firstly wifi is only available in certain communal areas and not in rooms - totally outdated and should look to rectify. The food whilst fine is horrifically over priced. 50 GBP for a main course each and a diet coke and bottle of water in the room. Total rip off. Also no mini bar in the room. So to order a diet coke you have to do this through room service and it's a 3.50GBP room service charge on top! Terrible!
Breakfast was average, my omelette was cooked incorrectly and the buffet looked sad. The staff are fine not rude, but nothing to write home about anymore.
Check out at 11am as well? Just a very early time especially as you aren't allowed to check in until 3pm, I don't believe they need a 4 hour window to clean the room personally and at the prices they charge another disappointment.
Another thing to note beware that some of the rooms are very dark indeed.
I really do think the house and setting here is beautiful so lovely for a weekend away I just hope they begin to think about having a bit of an uplift to move it forward to compete with other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa in Redhill, Surrey is inspired by the Neo-Gothic design of the Palace of Westminster and is a unique Victorian mansion house in Surrey. Dating back to 1872 and set in 12 acres high on Nutfield ridge, Nutfield Priory Hotel is a four star country house hotel and spa with a 2 AA rosette restaurant. Cloisters Restaurant offers traditional British food with a modern twist accompanied by the breathtaking views of the Surrey and Sussex countryside. This fine hotel offers 60 bedrooms, 15 of which are individually designed, large feature bedrooms, with lavish artwork, and offering the likes of sleigh beds and original features. The suites are particularly special, one offering its own private balcony terrace and another which occupies three floors in the tower of the hotel. Set alongside the main hotel is the Nutfield Priory Health Club & Spa. A dedicated facility, this offers a fully-equipped gym, dedicated free-weights room, indoor pool, sauna and steam rooms, exercise studio and squash courts, plus a cafe bar and garden. The Spa itself is fully enclosed within the Health Club and is the perfect place to treat yourself or a loved one. Offering great Spa deals and Spa days in Surrey with nine treatment rooms, a quiet lounge, relaxation room and manicure area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nutfield Priory Hotel Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel And Spa
- Priory Nutfield
- Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa Surrey