“Declined the last few years” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nutfield Rd, Redhill, Nutfield RH1 4EL, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nutfield
New York City, New York
“Declined the last few years”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have a soft spot for this place and have spent many weekends here with my now husband in previous years. We live in hong kong now and were back in the uk recently and for the sake of nostalgia booked a night back here. Unfortunately the memories were better than the reality. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the stay but the whole place needs to move forward on a few things if it's still going to charge luxury hotel prices.

Firstly wifi is only available in certain communal areas and not in rooms - totally outdated and should look to rectify. The food whilst fine is horrifically over priced. 50 GBP for a main course each and a diet coke and bottle of water in the room. Total rip off. Also no mini bar in the room. So to order a diet coke you have to do this through room service and it's a 3.50GBP room service charge on top! Terrible!

Breakfast was average, my omelette was cooked incorrectly and the buffet looked sad. The staff are fine not rude, but nothing to write home about anymore.

Check out at 11am as well? Just a very early time especially as you aren't allowed to check in until 3pm, I don't believe they need a 4 hour window to clean the room personally and at the prices they charge another disappointment.

Another thing to note beware that some of the rooms are very dark indeed.

I really do think the house and setting here is beautiful so lovely for a weekend away I just hope they begin to think about having a bit of an uplift to move it forward to compete with other hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have stayed here twice. First time was lovely. Food is a bit pricey but all company paid. Gym and pool is a real bonus.
HOWEVER when I booked to stay again they accidentally made my booking a day early and as I didn't turn up on this day they can led my booking. Luckily they had a room for Lethe night I arrived but the next day I had to find somewhere else to sleep. I was given the impression it was my fault and was not offered anything more than an apology for the mess they caused me.

So, good hotel, I'm sure this is a one off mistake but it did not give me a good impression of them.

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

A wonderful place to relax and unwind in luxury. Excellent Spa and pool in the grounds. First class food served in lovely surroundings. The staff are all very pleasant and helpful. The building is wonderful and the main reason for staying but everything else complements it. Avoid Redhill at all costs (wayne and waynetta live there!) and visit Reigate. Look out for online deals!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely but obviously the more you pay the better they get.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

On the whole an nice relaxing break. Small niggles: some of the furniture has seen better days, handles missing from drawers and scratches; the room service breakfast menu card is confusing; the light in the wardrobe refused to go out; on the terrace, no ashtrays were provided; the maitre d was rather OTT. Would have liked to try the spa but fully booked. However, as I say these are minor niggles. Plus points were a beautiful setting, excellent service and good food. The hotel has some lovely communal rooms such as the library and bar. Would we stay again? Yes.

Room Tip: Try and get a south-facing room for the wonderful view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I went with friends for a girly spa session and was really disappointed that it had declined somewhat (had been about 5 years previously. The welcome was very warm but the lounge was crowded and the tea and coffee consisted of a messy buffet cabinet with tepid water, instant coffee sachets and a few herbal teabags. Not what I was expecting from this level of property. My therapist was 10 minutes late for my session, didn't apologise, didn't introduce herself and cut my session 5 minutes short, and worse still once I had my eye pack on she started prepping for her next session! I tried to locate the duty manager afterwards to raise my concerns but she couldn't be found...
The afternoon tea was however fantastic - bountiful, beautifully presented and delicious. Tea was hot with that too!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I treated my Husband for his 50th birthday on 11th of May 2012 and the hotel was fantastic. Everything was perfect and the staff couldn't have been more attentive.We stayed in a junior suite (Austen suite)and were very pleased with our room and its facilities. The bed was so comfortable,very clean room and bathroom,just great. The receptionist,?Tabana(south african origin) was extremely informative,helpful & professional. We wanted to relax and that is exactely what we did. The hotel is quiet special and we were lucky enough to enjoy some lovely warm weather which meant we could sit in the grounds. We were served by Paddy in the longue bar and he couldn't have been nicer. Dinner was fantastic, delicious food and Peter and his staff very attentive. I treated my husband to a spa treatment and he was well looked after and we enjoyed a swim, the sauna and steam room. The swimming pool facility is a bit basic perhaps but we still enjoyed having a swim. Again,breakfast was perfect and it is great to sit by the window and look over the lovely countryside. Hannah & Gabriella were great also when we checked out. We will definately return and would recommend this hotel.Thank you to all the staff, truly 1st class

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Epsom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I booked the Priory under a Super Spa break for my husband's birthday. The Hotel itself was beautiful and we were booked into the Hardy Suite which was lovely and we had no complaints, other than the reception staff weren't very knowledgeable or helpful. On being shown to our room, I commented that it must have been named after Thomas Hardy but was told he didn't know (the only Hardy he knew was Laurel and Hardy). This was while I was pulling my case along behind me - I wasn't offered any help.

We also booked some treatments in the Spa (which is basically a Health Club). I certainly didn't feel the treatments justified the prices. We waited in the "Amber Lounge" until we were called with constant pipe music with pan pipes being played which got quite irritating by the end of the day. The surroundings were very drab and we were shown the pool etc which was full of children but were assured that by the evening it would be very quiet. This wasn't the case - it was still noisy that afternoon and to be honest I could have been at my local leisure centre instead of a luxury spa.

The therapists were nice although we both felt it was like a conveyor belt. Once the "Elemis Chime" rang it was time to get up and get out.

I certainly wouldn't recommend this spa to anyone looking for a relaxing day - there has to be better ways to spend your money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!