“Cosy and great food” 4 of 5 stars

01737 643000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Inn On The Pond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Nutfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The Inn on the Pond is not close to any public transport.
Description: Situated adjacent to Nutfield Cricket pitch with fantastic views over Nutfield Marshes, The Inn on the Pond is a quintessental English Surrey country pub. The Inn on the Pond, as a traditional pub, offers a large bar area for drinking as well as a separate dining room and bar dining area. A log burner and open fireplace create a cosy pub atmosphere on winters days.The team in the kitchen create good pub menus of freshly cooked and locally sourced food which is served both indoors and outside by the pond. We are open for lunch and dinner througout the week, and all day on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays. As the Inn is situated on the main cycle routes near Redhill and ajacent to the Nutfield Marshes Conservation area it is also popular with walkers and cyclists - both of whom are welcome. In fact we have our own wellie wall! There is a large car park to the side of the pub. Your host is Penny Appel and she and her team look forward to welcoming you.
“Cosy and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We popped in by chance as we passed by on an unscheduled visit to Redhill. The setting is nice overlooking the water and it has a cosy, rural feel. We found the staff polite, attentive and the service was friendly and efficient. The food was delicious and we were pleasantly surprised when the bill came. We have already decided to come back with our friends who live close by, a great find.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Exciting new menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

As a local regular maybe a little biased, but make no mistake that the Autumn menu here is truly amazing.

We had the Sri Lankan curry which was by far the best I've tasted at bistro standard even some Michelin star restaurants to be completely honest.

You can see the Head Chef has put every ounce of passion into this dish, and if the rest of the menu is even half as flavoursome and well balanced I can't wait to sample more especially the seafood jambalaya... That I have my eye on for next time.

Well done to whole team!

Surrey
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have been there many times and its very good but it doesn't deserve five star because the steak is small and disgusting and the staff are a bit lazy. But overall very good ,,,

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Warm and cosy restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Will not be visiting again. Welcoming log fire, cosy restaurant but only 3 tables occupied, seemed more people were sitting in the bar area. Service poor, we appreciate that food in individually cooked but waiting an hour is not acceptable, people who came in after us served first. Waiter was inattentive, no personality, did not offer drinks refills or come back to see if food was satisfactory. Our main meals were excellent, albeit small, salmon on a mountain of rocket, sorry we did not think we were ordering a hot a salad. The hake was again excellent but would not have been enough for a man, very small portion. Will not be visiting again

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
IOPManager, General Manager at The Inn On The Pond, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
You're quite right an hour is not acceptable...I've not had any of my customers have to wait an hour for their food for some time, when they did, they were informed of the delay and were happy to wait as we were incredibly busy. But you say that there were only 3 tables in the dining room? When did you visit us; I'd like to check your order to see exactly how long it took my staff to serve you?

I can however answer why others were served before you though....if for example you ordered a main meal of say Roasted Pork Belly (which takes 25-30 minutes to cook) and another table ordered a Baguette, they'd receive their meal first because theres' needs only 5-10 minutes to prepare.

My apologies that my staff were not attentive, I will ensure this is investigated and resolved for all future guests. However with regards to the meals you consumed; the Salmon, on the menu states quite clearly that its served on a Rocket salad and the Hake too explains the dish in its description???

Im sorry you won't be back and hope you find somewhere more suitable for you
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was surprised with a trip here on my birthday on the way back from dropping friends off at Gatwick airport. We arrived a little early for our reservation so decided to sit outside and take full advantage of the view. Beautiful setting where we enjoyed watching the sunset, horses in the field and cricket match, lovely.

The restaurant was nice and cosy. Food was delicious, portion size was big which was great after our long busy day and waitress was friendly.

We were the only ones in the restaurant which I just can't understand as the food, service and décor were top notch.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear "Lovetrott",

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your experience with us.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.