“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Thatchers Hotel

You added Legacy Thatchers Hotel to your Saves list
Legacy Thatchers Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Guildford Road | East Horsley, Leatherhead KT24 6TB, England (Formerly Ramada Guildford)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leatherhead
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night on business and it looked vaguely familiar when I turned into the car park - I then realised that this was the Ramada and I had stayed here many years ago! The hotel hasn't changed much and is a little tired, but it is perfectly reasonable and the room comfortable and clean. I ate in the bar and the food was OK. I ordered thai chicken curry which said wild rice but it actually came with white rice so was a plate full of white food essentially but it tasted OK - nothing to complain about. Staff friendly and location convenient - would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KatieWGM1, General Manager at Legacy Thatchers Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Angelcarla, I wish to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in April. I have taken on board your comments about the rice and raised it with my Head Chef. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us all in all and hope that we will have the pleasure of your company in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding here on the 29th March 2014
It was an amazing day ! I had an amazing wedding
Co-ordinator Clinton Van Niekerk , nothing was too much trouble !! Everything went so smoothly if anything had gone wrong I wouldn't have known !! Such a pretty location and staff were lovely and friendly !! I wish I could do it all again !! Food was amazing and all of my guests thought so too !! They're in house DJ is also great ! I am so pleased I chose The Legacy it really was brilliant from beginning to end !! Thankyou !

• Stayed March 2014
Lorna M

Thank you so much for your feedback about your Wedding Reception. It is such a pleasure to feed this back to the team and to congratulate them on a job well done. I wish to take this time to wish you every success in your many years ahead and hope to see you again in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here as a stop over en route elsewhere. Pleasantly surprised on arrival - beautiful beer garden & lovely location. Polite reception staff. Rooms somewhat tired & bath enamel chipped etc - not very inviting. Shower sufficient though. Food was an entirely different matter. Painfully slow service & excuses of 'being busy' - only 3 other tables of 3 - 4 people present though. When food did arrive it was of extremely average quality & more akin to basic Brewers Fayre etc quality although somewhat more pricey. Breakfast also average quality, fresh fruit not so fresh & 'ran out of natural yogurt yesterday' - hardly difficult to restock. Shame really as staff and settings were so inviting upon arrival.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear UkJonnyfp

I wish to thank you very much for both your compliments and your constructive criticism. I have raised these issues to the team in a customer care meeting as a shining example of what happens when we do not stock correctly. Also we discussed the issues pertaining to service delivery. I hope that the next time you are passing through you will consider staying with us again.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I got a groupon voucher to stay at the legacy thatcher as it was in east horsley where I was brought up to the age of 11.we arrived at 3pm;we were warmly greeted by 2 members of staff who gave us our key and asked if we needed any help with our cases.we then put the car in a secure car park behind,straight into hotel via back door.very efficiant lift which whisked us up to room 510 on first floor overlooking fields and car park so no road noise;the room was well presented with a new bathroom which had a very powerful shower.we had a cuppa then I drove a mile down the road to find where my old house was which had been knocked down and a large house had been built in its place bit of a shock but I had lived there 50yrs ago!!!went back showered/changed for evening meal/glass of wine which was included in our deal;we were looked after very well and the 3 course meal was lovely.breakfast was excellent with coice of hot or cold food helped by a local young man who geniunly helped everbody that needed it.we caught 479 bus outside hourly to Guildford where we spent several pleasant hours.got bus back and had our own food in room we could have had a bar meal if we wanted.(price of 3 coarse meal was £25pp)so we gained with our voucher.had our last breakfast and left at 9 30 for our trip home to devon.my only concern was heated electric towel rail in bathroom which was very hot and could be harmful to any youngsters;i wouid suggest a thermostat would sort this out.please stay in this hotel it is in a good position for London and Gatwick.

Room Tip: choose room overlooking car park on top floor as they are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
John p, It is always nice to go on a nostalgic journey of one’s past. I was so sorry to have read that your house was no longer there and that they replaced it with a newer but probably not as nice a house as yours. I was pleased to have read that the hotel met your expectations throughout your stay. I hope to see you again in the event that you find yourself in the area in the not too distant future.
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We held a family celebration lunch party in March in a private room at the Thatchers Hotel, and a number of our guests also stayed overnight
It was a great overall experience, with friendly staff and very good service, from the moment we arrived. The food was excellent and everything provided as requested ensuring that we had a relaxing and enjoyable time.
The hotel decor is somewhat dated now with a lot of dark wood in the reception areas and bedrooms. Being very picky, for those that stayed over, the restaurant menu and ambiance needs some attention whilst fine for perhaps a business venue it might not suit for a leisure stay.
However I would still recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay and good service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Philinda24

Thank you so much for your comments about your family gathering and I was so pleased that we were able to help make the event special. I have shared your feedback with the team, who are always pleased to read of their successes. I hope that we will be able to help you again soon and thank you for recommending us to others.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Been here all week with a conference, the staff are friendly and polite, the hotel is nice enough, beautiful surroundings (bed has a mind of it's own on wheels and is like a board though)

The food, evening meal is included. It's been terrible and gets worse everyday,

day 1 was chicken, tasted dry, tiny portion, undercooked vegetables.

day 2 some sort of broiled pork, again, not enough food on the plate, meat was fatty, undercooked vegetables, probably the best evening meal so far.

day 3 Fish, fish served in a sauce, the piece of fish was ridiculously tiny, wasn't even half a portion, undercooked vegetables. Tragic meal.

day 4. Chicken Curry. The rice was undercooked, hard, chewy, not light, not fluffy. Couldn't taste any spices in the curry, just tasted like chicken in tomatoes. Possibly the worst "curry" I've ever had. Couldn't taste any spices in there whatsoever. Nothing. Just tomatoes, water and onions (which hadn't melted into the sauce) on a bed of dry undercooked rice. Unbelievable meal.Foul.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
KatieWGM1, General Manager at Legacy Thatchers Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
jk17224 thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry we didn’t speak during your stay. Your comments concern me and I would like to find out some more details about your experience. Are you able to call me to discuss?
I am pleased you found my team to be friendly and polite. The conference group of 120 that you were with all seemed to enjoy their stay too.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Booked here at a very reasonable rate for a little treat & had a wonderful stay. The staff were all very friendly & helpful, and the kind lady who checked us in even upgraded our room without saying anything, which was a lovely surprise when we first opened the door. The room was delightful, spacious & comfortable, our only complaint was that it was a little dark, which was atmospheric & romantic, but not so good for putting on make up!
We did not eat at the hotel as we had made other plans, but used the bar which was pleasant, and had a nice breakfast the next morning.
The buildings & public areas are attractive & well maintained & the village is very pretty. A stroll around the grounds of Horsley Towers made for a nice walk.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Freckleangel – I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It is a delight to read such lovely comments about our team and hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to Legacy Thatchers Hotel? Share your experiences!