..and I did have a decent night's sleep.
I tried being clever and booking somewhere relatively cheap but, with seemingly good guest reviews. I made a mistake. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Dinner was poor: Frozen chips and veggies accompanying a rather dry steak and ale pie. But, I must mention the cooked breakfast. I know not how old the dried up sausages that I had served up to me were, but I've never in my life seen anything like them. The congealed baked beans were little better. And the smell of the stale fat.........
I'm sure there are plenty of folk who don't spend half of their lives in hotels and who will find the Sir Douglas Haig just fine. As a businessman who does spend half of his life in hotels, I'm just not one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small village Pub with 7 en-suite letting bedrooms, free wifi and lots of free parking. Good honest food and fantastic beer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sir Douglas Haig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sir Douglas Haig Hotel Leatherhead
- Sir Douglas Haig Leatherhead, Surrey