“Booking cancelled when we asked about the condition of the room based on other's reviews” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston upon Thames
Chase Lodge Hotel
You added Chase Lodge Hotel to your Saves list
10 Park Road | Hampton Wick, Kingston upon Thames KT1 4AS, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We were looking for a room for two nights, 6 months in advance. Due to reviews which mentioned damaged furniture and rooms being dated we asked about the condition of the 'small' room but received no reply. We then sent an email asking to book the room as it was during a premier sporting event, some more preferred accommodation options were already fully booked and we received an email reply asking for our credit card details. Before we supplied them we again asked about the condition of the room we were being offerred. We received a reply with the subject heading 'Cancelled' and an email that said they did not know what we meant, if we were worried we shouldn't book with them and our booking had been cancelled. Obviously if you want to know details of the room before you supply your credit card details via email with a non-refundable clause you will have your booking cancelled. Personally it has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I am happy to pay my money to others who have been more than happy to respond to emails and provide information. The property may indeed have some nice rooms and some dated but I would certainly tell people to look elsewhere

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Helston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have seen lots of good reviews for this place and a few bad ones. The excellent reviews seem to be a little old and I wonder if it has changed hands?
The reception was not manned at all the whole time I was there (2 nights Sat & Sun) and I was totally unaware who the manager/owner was (if he/she was on site).
The room I had was very small - it had a double bed but no room either side of the bed for a bedside cabinet - so I had to improvise for my bedside glass of water and alarm clock.
Personally Ii wouldn't really recommend or stay there again.

Room Tip: I only saw my own room which was NOT spacious!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at the Chase Lodge many times with my wife and on my own whilst on business trips and I cannot say a bad word about it! I have stayed in most if not all of the rooms from single to superior and have been impressed with them all. The owner is such a lovely lady who makes you feel at home as soon as you arrive. The location is ideal for Kingston and Hampton Court Palace and there are excellent bars and restaurants in close proximity. Ultimately a great find and we will be booking to stay again in June.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A very pleasant overnight stay, the Hotel is located in a good central location close to the river Thames and Hampton Court. The room was pleasing and comfortable with good en suite facilities and the welcome warm. The breakfast, though continental, was well up to standard. Fully recommended.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful Hotel, very friendly and well maintained. Arrived, followed instructions from the envelope left in reception. Easy excess to bars and shops, definitely come back and highly recommend to my friends and families or any one.

Thanks for a lovely time at the Chase lodge!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Upon arrival, there was no one at the reception. Instead, we found an envelope with my boyfriend's name written on it. Inside were instructions on how to find our room. The key was in the door, which was slightly ajar. The room was very small but the bed was extremely comfortable.
During the evening, we did not hear or see anyone around the hotel. During the night, we heard a young girl's laughter every once in a while, and could hear someone walking and breathing right outside our door.
When morning broke, we went downstairs for breakfast, still not having seen a single other person in the whole place. As soon as we walked into the dining room, the radio turned on. We both got terrified and looked at each other and from out of nowhere, a woman appeared and asked us 'you got up?' in a surprising tone. We were absolutely petrified as we sat down to have breakfast.
When we were leaving a while later, we once again did not see or hear anyone anywhere, and we were just too eager to get out of there so we dropped the key in reception and ran out,
The hotel had a ghost-like feeling inside. You got a feeling you might not make it out in the morning. I am NOT staying there again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chase_Lodge_Hotel, Owner at Chase Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We have had some lovely reviews from other guests!! We must say you write a good story. Perhaps you should start writing a book. Chase Lodge scary that's one thing it really is not, but thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice, calm and cosy accommodation. I have stayed there twice - in autumn and in spring, both times for 3 weeks. I was always very pleased with the room services and with the facilities. Also the breakfasts were amazing and the lounge area was always very tidy and pleasant. Last but not least, all the members of the staff are so helpful and very nice and friendly. The owner is one of the nicest and friendliest people I have ever met!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Chase Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!