“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston upon Thames
Chase Lodge Hotel
You added Chase Lodge Hotel to your Saves list
10 Park Road | Hampton Wick, Kingston upon Thames KT1 4AS, England   |
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend & are looking forward to going back again soon. We had a lovely room with a four poster bed, little walk in dressing room and a lovely modern bathroom with a jacuzzi bath. The staff were very friendly and we had drinks and cakes on the house !! There is a great pub next door with excellent food. Would definitely recommend this, a lovely change from a large hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chase_Lodge_Hotel, Manager at Chase Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We do try to go out of our way to give the sort of friendly service that you do not tend to received in the larger less personal hotels. We agree the pub a few doors down is excellent and serves good food.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the Honeymoon room, very odd decor like being a kid again and building a den in my room using the old sheets.
The welcome you get from all the staff is probably the best I've ever experienced and the Hotel is right where you'd want to be near shops and bars etc.

Bathroom was big and clean, but toilet seat was hanging off, toilet roll was left empty and the previous guests invoice was still on the table? So don't think they looked round the room after he had left apart from cleaning it and changing the bed.
Wires hanging from the towel rail which was not dangerous but obviously not working so that with a tiled floor was blooming cold in there.
Ordered some flowers for my new wife via email and even had a phone call the day before to enquire my budget but NO flowers in the room?
Decided against a continental breakfast so got up at 8am to come home!

I don't want to slag it, because its a lovely charming place just maybe we stayed on a off day.
Would I stay again? Yes but not the honeymoon room, if I'd got married that day and stayed there for our first night I'd be disappointed in a big way.

• Stayed October 2012
Chase_Lodge_Hotel, Manager at Chase Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
On the day we reached 5th place, out of the 176 hotels in all of Surrey, we were saddened to read this review. And the first to admit that the mistakes we made are correctly reported and we are truly sorry. It was our maid's first day and her supervisor was at a funeral and though that's no excuse, it is what happened. Had the guest come down to reception, we'd have acted on everything immediately. We are very sorry and will be contacting the guest to make amends.
Lancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We chose this hotel based on reviews from this website. As soon as we returned from our vacation to the London area, we had to add our vote for the Chase Lodge being a top choice. The friendliness and helpfulness was appreciated especially since we were still feeling jet lag. We had occasion to stay there at the beginning and ending of our trip, and both times we felt very pampered. The Kingston downtown is just a short walk over the bridge and has so much to offer with also easy access to London Central. This hotel deserves top rating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Huge thanks for this lovely review. We're really proud of it and thanks for taking the time to leave such such kind words. You are always welcome here.
Chester-le-Street, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was a little unsure when I booked this hotel but it was just perfect. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly and couldn't do enough to help. I travel to London quite often but I hate paying the high prices so I tend to stay on the outskirts. This hotel was located within easy traveling distance, clean and tidy, great breakfast - a little gem! Plus, I had the best night's sleep in a hotel ever! This is where I will be staying from now on!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Many people comment on our friendliness but to us, it's just common decency. Having said that, it's always nice to receive a compliment and with guests this amiable, it all comes very naturally. Thanks so much for choosing our plucky little hotel and for leaving such kind words on Tripadvisor. It really is appreciated.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was doing a course at Kingston Hospital so I had to pick somewhere convenient in the area - the Chase Lodge Hotel offered an extremely cosy experience - I was given an upgrade to a double Cardinal Wolsey suite and while the room was compact, it felt so wonderfully luxurious inside. The bathroom was elegantly designed with wooden toilet seat covers and quality toiletries ( Neutrogena , Scottish-made body wash ) to complement the decor.. All the perks such as blazing fast wifi and a big digital television screen were included. Breakfast was served a littlelater than most other places, at 0830hrs so if you need to rush out in the morning, you need to bear this in mind ..

The surrounding area had quaint bistros , bars and good Chinese food ...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Breakfast is served from 8.30 am at weekends as generally people are not rushing off to work at the weekend, but on weekdays breakfast is served from 7am to accommodate the business guest. We will be very pleased to see you on another trip to UK.
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here from the dates of 9/4-9/8/2012. The whole experience was wonderful. I was alone in town (the family I had been vacationing with during the first half of my vacation were busy with a wedding), and so I did not know a lot about the area around me, how to get into London, etc. The staff were always very helpful and nice. I was always greeted with a smile. They made sure I had all the information that I needed for sightseeing trips into London. The rooms were always clean and quiet--exactly what you need after a day of sightseeing. The hotel is a great value....I would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a place close enough to London to enjoy everything. If I go back, I am definitely staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
So glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and we will be delighted to see you again.
strawberry hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

As a professional Life Coach I occasionally coach clients in the Lobby / breakfast room at this beautiful and unique small hotel tucked away in Hampton Wick. These are wonderfully tasteful, comfortable and calm spaces, just perfect for a quiet, undisturbed coaching conversation over a nice coffee or a cup of tea. What's more, the hotel's owner and staff have been warm, personal and friendly, and from the first time I've walked in to enquire about the possibility of coaching at the hotel I've been made to feel very welcome indeed. This place is a rare gem!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chase_Lodge_Hotel, Manager at Chase Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for the lovely review. We enjoy having this life coach in our sunny consevatory as her positive outlook mirrors our own. Our cheery restaurant / cafe is open during the day and has free wi-fi, for anyone wishing to use a laptop or iPad. Chase Lodge has been under the same ownership for 27 years, long before the internet was prevelant, and we have seen many changes - but what never goes out of fashion, is our unique and homey atmosphere. We still bake our own cakes and grind fresh coffee for every cup.

Been to Chase Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!