“Lovely, friendly staff - spot on!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kingston upon Thames
Chase Lodge Hotel
You added Chase Lodge Hotel to your Saves list
10 Park Road | Hampton Wick, Kingston upon Thames KT1 4AS, England   |
Chester-le-Street, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely, friendly staff - spot on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was a little unsure when I booked this hotel but it was just perfect. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly and couldn't do enough to help. I travel to London quite often but I hate paying the high prices so I tend to stay on the outskirts. This hotel was located within easy traveling distance, clean and tidy, great breakfast - a little gem! Plus, I had the best night's sleep in a hotel ever! This is where I will be staying from now on!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chase_Lodge_Hotel, Manager at Chase Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Many people comment on our friendliness but to us, it's just common decency. Having said that, it's always nice to receive a compliment and with guests this amiable, it all comes very naturally. Thanks so much for choosing our plucky little hotel and for leaving such kind words on Tripadvisor. It really is appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was doing a course at Kingston Hospital so I had to pick somewhere convenient in the area - the Chase Lodge Hotel offered an extremely cosy experience - I was given an upgrade to a double Cardinal Wolsey suite and while the room was compact, it felt so wonderfully luxurious inside. The bathroom was elegantly designed with wooden toilet seat covers and quality toiletries ( Neutrogena , Scottish-made body wash ) to complement the decor.. All the perks such as blazing fast wifi and a big digital television screen were included. Breakfast was served a littlelater than most other places, at 0830hrs so if you need to rush out in the morning, you need to bear this in mind ..

The surrounding area had quaint bistros , bars and good Chinese food ...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chase_Lodge_Hotel, Manager at Chase Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Breakfast is served from 8.30 am at weekends as generally people are not rushing off to work at the weekend, but on weekdays breakfast is served from 7am to accommodate the business guest. We will be very pleased to see you on another trip to UK.
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here from the dates of 9/4-9/8/2012. The whole experience was wonderful. I was alone in town (the family I had been vacationing with during the first half of my vacation were busy with a wedding), and so I did not know a lot about the area around me, how to get into London, etc. The staff were always very helpful and nice. I was always greeted with a smile. They made sure I had all the information that I needed for sightseeing trips into London. The rooms were always clean and quiet--exactly what you need after a day of sightseeing. The hotel is a great value....I would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a place close enough to London to enjoy everything. If I go back, I am definitely staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
So glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and we will be delighted to see you again.
strawberry hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

As a professional Life Coach I occasionally coach clients in the Lobby / breakfast room at this beautiful and unique small hotel tucked away in Hampton Wick. These are wonderfully tasteful, comfortable and calm spaces, just perfect for a quiet, undisturbed coaching conversation over a nice coffee or a cup of tea. What's more, the hotel's owner and staff have been warm, personal and friendly, and from the first time I've walked in to enquire about the possibility of coaching at the hotel I've been made to feel very welcome indeed. This place is a rare gem!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chase_Lodge_Hotel, Manager at Chase Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for the lovely review. We enjoy having this life coach in our sunny consevatory as her positive outlook mirrors our own. Our cheery restaurant / cafe is open during the day and has free wi-fi, for anyone wishing to use a laptop or iPad. Chase Lodge has been under the same ownership for 27 years, long before the internet was prevelant, and we have seen many changes - but what never goes out of fashion, is our unique and homey atmosphere. We still bake our own cakes and grind fresh coffee for every cup.
buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for a night while attending a wedding in the area. From the moment we arrived, greeted with coffee and cup cakes until we left after great coffee and toast and peanut butter( A prince among breakfasts ) we could not have been better looked after. My wife and I travel extensively and have experienced many of the great hotels. Is this comparable? of course not and it does not pretend to be. What you get is a staff team that make you feel like they are glad you are staying there rather than an imposition, and a level of attentive service that never falls to the level of patronisation that is common in hotels where service is a duty.

There is no doubt for us that when next in or around London, this will be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Thames Chase Suite. wont spoil it but book yourself and see.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chase_Lodge_Hotel, Manager at Chase Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for leaving this review. The advantage of staying in a small, independent hotel is that the staff really care. We don't "do" customer service, we're just decent people, who always do their best. I think the reason that we get quite a few celebrities here, is that we're here to help if you need us, but never a bother if you don't. It's how hotels used to be, rather than how they are now. We're discreet, low-key and genuinely friendlly and it's lovely to have that appreciated. You are always welcome here.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here on our wedding night after getting married in nearby Surbiton. We stayed in the honeymoon suite which was gorgeous with a super comfy bed, beautiful fabric lined walls and ceiling and a chandelier. It was so unique and made our wedding night something special. When we arrived in our room we found Robert had left a box of chocolates and a lovely note congratulating us on our marriage. It was little touches like this that really make you feel like a valued guest. In the morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast of cereal, plenty of tea and toast, fruit and yogurts. Again staff were so lovely and made us feel special :) it's a shame we weren't staying longer as we both really loved this hotel and if we are in the area again we would definitely go back!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
All of our staff wish this happy couple huge and heartfelt congratulations. It was a privelege for us to play a small part in making their day such a success. They stayed in 'Richard the Lionheart', with its tented ceiling and jacuzzi. We have often thought of updating that suite but the couples who stay there, always urge us not to. We're constantly caught in that precarious state of preserving the character of this 200-year-old antique while keeping up with the times (flatscreen TV's, free wi-fi and the like). At the end of the day, we're just the passing custodians of this wonderful, ramshackle building and there are many happy memories here. And it's lovely that the couple who left this review have the same spirit of independence and romance. Long may it last.
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

my husband and i stayed at the chase lodge for one night last weekend after dropping our son off at kingston uni. i have to say our experience was none other than delightful. a real personal feel puts this lovely little hotel apart from all the souless chain hotels that just dont seem to offer that little extra. its a shame that there are nt more hotels like this in the uk - unfortunately they are all being drowned out by the above mentioned chains. for us it will be the chase lodge every time we visit kingston. 5 stars for location, cleanliness, customer care and price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Five stars for everything is a thrilling review to receive, so thank you from all of our staff. Kingston is a great place to study and I'm sure your son will have a fabulous time. The University has a world-class reputation and the young people who study there make our heritage city feel young and dynamic. As a parent, it's reassuring to know that Kingston is so safe, being close to the Palace and the tranquility of the river. Even though I've worked here for many years, I'm still amazed there are wild deer roaming around, just a minute from the hotel door, when we're only half-an-hour from Central London. So, thank you, for taking the time to leave such kind words and we look forward to seeing you at the graduation! You are always welcome here.

Been to Chase Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!