“Perfect for overnight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The White Hart Hotel

Save Saved
You added The White Hart Hotel to your Saves list
The White Hart Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 High Street | Hampton Wick, Kingston upon Thames KT1 4DA, England   |
Special Offer
Trip Advisor - 10% off
Woking
“Perfect for overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We booked this Hotel as we were to attend a function at Hampton Court Palace and location-wise, this hotel was perfect for us. A very good position for visiting Kingston too. The hotel has an olde-world charm about it but also a modern well-presented functional hotel for todays travellers.

Excellent overall with a very good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We visited our son Matty at Kingston Uni, on our way back from Hampton Court we passed the White Hart and so glad we called in for a bite to eat.

First reaction when we walked in was the ambauance and warm greeting, we were just visiting to have a drink. While at the bar i looked around at the dinners tucking into some great looking grub. I passed this on to the wife and Matty, which i said i am ready to eat. As you can imagine Matty didnt wait to be asked twice. The White Hart had a couple of Christmas do`s on, i asked the waiter, who quickly found our party a table. From this point was a sheer delight to be eating, the service was the best i have ever known, the waiters / waitress were very knowladgable about the menu. I orderd the Beef burger (Having seen a number of dinners, having the Burger), which came with salad, relish and a "Bucket" of chips. I have never tasted anything as gooood mmm. The wife orderd Cod, minted peas, with a "Bucket" of chips, which was well enjoyed, Matty had the Smoked Salmon sandwich, chips, which came with a mug of soup. Matty commented thats the best Salmon he had ever tasted.

I would recomend the White Hart for a great place to eat, great food, great pleasant service. I was stunned at the final price of £36.00 for 3 meals, 1 pint of guiness and 4 cups of tea. I never tip when i eat, i broke my rule due to the service and left a tip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Preston, Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We travelled as a group (4 couples) - small but convinently located - a quick walk over the bridge into Kingston centre and shopping heaven!
Check-in was swift and the bar staff were very friendly and polite. We stayed on the 2nd floor in a reasonably sized double bedroom, however only 1 chair. Nicely decorated and good selection of TV channels as well as tea/coffee & a nice bath to soak in after a day's shopping.
The rooom was warm with air conditioning unit as an option but was a little noisy.
We ate in the bar on Saturday evening and the food was excellent - the burger is a challenge but very tasty and good value for a £10. Good range of breakfast options depending on how hungry you are but again the staff were very attentive and saw to your every need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Lovely hotel, small restaurant/bar area, but not too small to feel on top of one another. Stayed for evening meal and the food was really good. The staff that work here have got it just right. They were extremely polite and helpful, they knew just how to approach and delivery quality of service - most impressed!

Some lovely real ales on tap too, which topped off a pleasant evening. Rooms are nothing special, but have everything you need, inparticular a comfortable bed.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

stayed here on a business trip. Situated just over the bridge from the center of Kingstone upon Thames its ideal for those wanting to travel by train into central London, or visit the local sights, Hampton Court palace, the races, take a boat journey on the Thames or just soak up the atmpshere. The outside gives the olde British pub feel, as you walk in the pub and restaurant is again rustic, clean tidy and welcoming. The hotel is modern with spacious rooms. There is a large car park to the rear. Local pubs are close by (not that i'm an alcoholic) The hotel offer deals on meals on a regular basis. So business or pleasure its fine by me. I've ticked the pool in my rating by mistake....there isn't one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Possibly one of the best small hotels in their part of the world. We stayed here at short notice and didn't expect much but we were greatly surprised at the quality of the building, our room, the bar, and room service. For me, everything was as good as could be and the only regret is we couldn't stay longer. From the moment we arrived, right through to having a drink in the bar and dinner in our room the service was first class and cheerfully delivered. The room was large and well appointed, bathroom very clean and spacious, the food and wine was of a high standard and the price was about one third of what I would expect to pay for similar. I think I may have died and gone to heaven as I'm sure I saw an angel in my room that night.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night in a family room with my partner and our daughter. Everything from the check in, to the room (the bed was especially comfortable) to the bar, restaurant and then check out, was faultless. The English breakfast was cooked to order, using good quality bacon and sausages and is amongst the best I've eaten. My daughter had the Eggs Benedict, which she raved about. In summary, the hotel is fantastic value for money, well run by its professional and polite staff and is located in a great position. I couldn't recommend it more highly and will be returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to The White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!