“Best Sushi I have had in a long time” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
London
“Best Sushi I have had in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Since ShowBu opened my family and I are regulars. We love sushi and are particularly picky about it being fresh and made to order which you do not get in a lot of the cheaper chain restaurants. We go about 3 times a month and the food is excellent every time. We usually try the specials as you get something different from the regular menu and they are normally incredibly tasty. The sushi and sashimi are exceptionally fresh. I also like their hot dishes, and there are some meat and vegetarian options too so something for everyone. The staff are very friendly and treat their regulars well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Woodbridge
“Fantastic staff and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is easily the best restaurant in Kingston in my opinion. Sean and his wife Rachel run a great operation and I go whenever I'm in town. Try the spicy seafood Udon or the gyoza, the sashimi and sushi are all excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Best Sushi in Kingston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

After eating at every sushi restaurant and in Kingston I have concluded that ShowBu consistently serves the best sushi. It is true that ShowBu is also one of the more expensive sushi restaurants in Kingston but it is a case of you get what you pay for. The sushi is always fresh and well presented and the daily specials are often a good option.

A sushi based meal for two in ShowBu typically costs around £50, they also serve a range of Japanese and Korean cooked dishes although I have not tried these. The restaurant is not normally full so it's usually not necessary to book in advance.

Visited May 2013
Shepperton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I visited the restaurant at lunchtime today with my 10 year old son whilst shopping in Kingston. Both of us love Sushi so we had one of the set lunchtime Sushi dishes each which consisted of 10 mixed nigri, a miso soup and a small salad. We also had a California Roll. The set lunch menu cost £11 each and I consider this very reasonable and I do not agree with other reviewers who have suggested that the restaurant is overpriced. The sushi was freshly prepared and delicious. I would recommend this restaurant highly and intend visiting again. My only slight gripe is that a 10% service charge was added to the bill which I always find annoying. I usually give a tip if the service is good and would have done so in this case, but I do not like having a service charge imposed on me! This does not, however, detract from the fact that we had an enjoyable and delicious meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

It sounds like a cliche, but you really can taste the quality in these dishes. As well as a wide selection of traditional nigiri, sashimi, etc. they offer Korean dishes appetisers and mains. If you order one thing in this restaurant, order the chicken karaage - most places I go to this dish wouldn't look out of place in KFC but in ShowBu it's the best I've ever tasted. They deliver as much on presentation as they do on flavour and the staff are very friendly and attentive.

It is rather expensive considering some of the portion sizes, but I can't fault the food itself so as soon as I get paid I'll be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere