“Extremely basic” 3 of 5 stars

The Bull and Bush Hotel Kingston
Washington Road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 3JB, England   |
“Extremely basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Cheap and cheerful converted pub. Everything very basic. I certainly would not recommend for families. Location is approximately 1 mile from Kingston town centre, nearest station is Norbiton 10 min walk. Plenty of buses nearby.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

It does what it says location, good value, free parking, cafe and takeaways handy. I would use again, beds comfy, power shower and good rail links.
ALWAYS CALL THEM FOR A GOOD PRICE. THEY WILL OFFER CHEAPER THAN THE ONLINE PRICE! AND THEY ARE THE CHEAPEST ONE IN KINGSTON. Just talk to them or email them.
I have already booked online via booking.com. I canceled it free of charge and they gave me a good price for direct booking.
If you pay by card they will charge you for card transaction. No breakfast but there is a cafe and plenty of takeaways nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed Saturday till Monday the welcome was friendly the room was clean the beds are comfy and the price is right if you want more pay more all we can say it does what it says on the tin across the road great curry house a great chinky and a good cafe and a 10 minute walk to the town centre all we can say is £55 a night marvelous

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I gave this hotel 5/5 because it fits my requirements perfectly -I am a busy IT contractor working away from home Mon-Fri and this set up is ideal for me.
Importantly it is clean comfy and quite - I need my sleep! I spend a lot of my time "living out of a suitcase" and have stayed in many hotels - this one is ideal for my requirements.
For me I above all need a good bed and quiet - The Bull and Bush is ideal - I have stayed here since November and not once have had a disturbed night.
It is in a quiet residential area just off the main road. It is clean and well run - the staff are extremely friendly very helpful - I speak as I find.
Note this is not a B&B, it is bed only - at least that is the way I use it - and I prefer this as I don't want breakfast.

Room Tip: Book at least 3 days ahead, as they get busy. All rooms are quiet that I have stayed in
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is a former pub that has been converted into budget accommodation, which was not clear to me from the website. That said, it was quite satisfactory and my overall experience was a positive one. Upon arrival I was met by the manager, Kumar, who was ever obliging, friendly and helpful. Anything I needed, I had only to ask: an extra towel, hair dryer, tea bags, etc. The room was functional, warm, with a comfortable double bed, tv facility, cupboard and drawers, and a small ensuite. Slight problem with the plumbing in that I always had to flush the toilet several times for complete effect, and the light bulbs over the mirror were not operating and were not replaced despite my drawing attention to them. Window blinds in the room did not work so I had to keep them down the whole time. My only serious criticism is that on one night there was a large group of rowdy revellers in the rooms opposite me and I got hardly any sleep. The next morning I requested a room change, which I know would have been granted, but said group had checked out. I could also hear other people's tvs from my room, which didn't really bother me but could be an issue for others. Although the hotel is located on a council estate, as a single woman walking to and fro into Kingston, sometimes after nightfall, I did not feel overly scared or threatened. This is a case of 'you get what you pay for'. Would I stay there again? Yes, certainly, because Kumar genuinely wanted to please, he was always attentive to my needs, and that to me is a mark of good service no matter the 'budget' standard of the facilities.

Room Tip: If the hotel is not full, ask for a room isolated from other occupied rooms, so that you will not he...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Woking, Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I booked this very late for New Year's Eve but, despite that were given a very fair price for the night for a hotel so close to the town centre. The room was clean and the bed comfortable; the bathroom was very small but functional. Not bad value, overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Seeing as its one of the cheapest hotels in kingston and not at all far from kingston town centre, about a 10 minute walk, I would say this hotel is good value for money. I have stayed a couple of times. Always had a clean room, clean bedding and was comfortable. Clean towels and bathroom.
Also I wad wary of leaving my car outside but I think the area looks worse then what it is. I have never heard of any cars being broken into.
If your looking for a cheap place just to crash for the night or a few I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bull and Bush Hotel Kingston? Share your experiences!