“Friendly ...perfect breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raintree B&B

Raintree B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston upon Thames
162 Portsmouth Road | Thames Ditton, Kingston upon Thames KT7 0XR, England   |
“Friendly ...perfect breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

10/10 our stay the breakfast was 20/20 ..and Shanaka the manager couldn't do enough for us. I'm sure that we'll be staying their again and also we'll be telling our friends about the rain tree .......the breakfast is one of the best I've ever had ...even in some of the top hotels there wasn't a patch on the one from the rain tree .....again thank you very much for making our stay a nice one.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ian S,

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

after reading tripadvisor after booking into the raintree via booking.com was dreading it and expecting fawly towers.HOW WRONG the place is modern and very clean you have everything in the rooms that you want shampoos bodywash and gorgeous pure white fluffy towels as well as tv and coffee and tea facilities and a fridge handy for the wine...downstairs is a lovely restruant that sells gorgeous food and where you go for breakfast in the morning. we were expecting continental how wrong it was full english with as much toast tea and cereal as you want and did veggie breakfast for hubby,everthing was cooked beautifully by shanaka who has been the manager here since august 2012 when new owners brought it.It is a gem of a place and such good value for money will definately be booking in here again when we go to sandown races again or visiting the many attractions in this area ie hampyon court well done shanaker .

Room Tip: choose the en suite rooms lush
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jacbrac,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am the new Manager and I strive hard to ensure all my guests are delighted by our new service standards.

Paphos, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place was lovely it was very clean and the rooms were very modern. The bathroom was spotless and had very nice towels we had plenty of hot water in the shower. The new owners have done a really good job.. Shanaka was very helpfull the breakfast was a full English and cooked nice we had plenty of tea and toast to go with it. We will stay there again when we go to Sandown races again very pleasant place and very good staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Smokey011

Co Kerry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have just returned from staying at the Raintree for 3 nights. We had a family room and a double room. It was a great place for us Shanaka could not do enough for us. We have 3 children aged from 2 years up to age 5 and the B&B ticked all the boxes. Breakfast was amazing, and we also ate in the Indian Restaurant downstairs on our last night there was 11 of us for dinner and everything was brilliant. The starters to the main was amazing. It made our weekend we had a family occasion and Shanaka made it even more enjoyable thank you very much. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Buddy46

Thank you very much for your feedback on Trip Advisor. It was a plesure having you and your family at the Raintree Bed and Breakfast

Looking forward for your next visit

Resistencia, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It is a good place to be
We stayed 4 days and really the only drawback I found was the breakfast offered was not a continental breakfast as promised, but that's what I went to a nearby cafe to enjoy some delicious English muffins as never before had eaten and a delicious fresh coffee. It is quiet, clean and safe. We recommend

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mgunset

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback about the Raintree Bed and Breakfast on Trip Advisor. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services to surpass the high standards our guests expect.

I have noted your concern with regards to the Continental Breakfast served. I would like to assure you that I have discussed the points you highlighted with the management team. I am happy to inform you that we are now serving full English Breakfast to all our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance.

Truro, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This B&B should be avoided at all costs and somebody at booking.com deserves to be sacked. Why they allow their name to be connected to this B&B is anybody's guess but it lowers them by association. I will never book through them again - they clearly do not check what they are promoting.

We got a booking here because we were lucky enough to get tickets for the Olympics and couldn't get anything else and I would usually have walked away immediately and booked into somewhere else but there wasn't anywhere that had spaces.

The people at Raintree were quite friendly but I was alarmed when they demanded my credit card before showing me my room or doing anything else - rather like getting ill abroad! I should have listened to my instincts and run at that point.

When we arrived we were quite pleased to see an Indian restaurant as part of the place and planned to eat there but once we saw the room we walked a mile away into Surbiton to get food instead.

The room was on the main road and had broken down curtains so we were exposed for the whole two-day stay, We asked several times for this to be sorted out because the rail was so high we couldn't sort it out ourselves but despite assuring us half-heartedly that they would - they did not.

The worse thing is that the toilets are not connected to the mains sewers so you sleep with the smell of chemical loo disinfectant and every time somebody uses the loo somewhere in the building you hear the roar of a macerator. It's truly awful. The kettle did not fit its base which worried me and there was no indication of what to do in a fire, When the alarm went off on our second morning with no sign of anybody taking any notice let alone trying to co-ordinate an evacuation we just left, never to return!

The promised breakfast did not arrive on the first morning but on a complaint was produced (two stale croissants, an apple and some jam) looking tired the same day for the next morning! Yuck.

The people here just want to take money for the rooms and are not interested in any way in ensuring you have a good stay. They are only going for that one hit - I defy them to produce anybody who has returned for a second visit. I certainly won't!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Louise373,

Thank you very much for your feedback about the Raintree Bed and Breakfast on Trip Advisor. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services to surpass the guest expectations.

I have noted your concerns and as the Newly Appointed Manager, I am striving hard to ensure all our guests are delighted by our new service standards.

Please give us another opportunity to serve you.

Yours sincerely,

bridgnorth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

on first appearences, this place seemed fine, we were greeted well and showed to our room no problem.
We were informed that our breakfast would be delivered to our room between 8 and 9 that night and was a continental one (no mention of this on bookin,it just says breakfast included!).
We ate in the restaurant and i must say i was impressed with the food if not the service.
On return to our room after a night out (just after 11pm) we found our breakfast which consisted of 2 undercooked croissants, an orange and a carton of orange juice, and on turning the bathroom light on we discovered the extractor fan squeeked very loudly and wouldnt switch off even when the light was. i went downstairs to find someone to complain and hopefully move rooms, only to find the place locked up and deserted.
I was delighted that the noisy fan did eventually turn off, but even more delighted to leave the next day.................Disappointed is not the word, and as a previous reviewer has said, AVOID AT ALL COSTS no matter how desperate you are for a room

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear greensking

Please give us another opportunity to serve you.

Yours sincerely,

Shanaka Rajapakse

Been to Raintree B&B? Share your experiences!