“Is a GOOD place to be” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Raintree B&B

Raintree B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston upon Thames
Save Saved
You added Raintree B&B to your Saves list
162 Portsmouth Road | Thames Ditton, Kingston upon Thames KT7 0XR, England   |
Resistencia, Argentina
“Is a GOOD place to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It is a good place to be
We stayed 4 days and really the only drawback I found was the breakfast offered was not a continental breakfast as promised, but that's what I went to a nearby cafe to enjoy some delicious English muffins as never before had eaten and a delicious fresh coffee. It is quiet, clean and safe. We recommend

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mgunset

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback about the Raintree Bed and Breakfast on Trip Advisor. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services to surpass the high standards our guests expect.

I have noted your concern with regards to the Continental Breakfast served. I would like to assure you that I have discussed the points you highlighted with the management team. I am happy to inform you that we are now serving full English Breakfast to all our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance.

Yours sincerely

Shanaka Rajapakse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Truro, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This B&B should be avoided at all costs and somebody at booking.com deserves to be sacked. Why they allow their name to be connected to this B&B is anybody's guess but it lowers them by association. I will never book through them again - they clearly do not check what they are promoting.

We got a booking here because we were lucky enough to get tickets for the Olympics and couldn't get anything else and I would usually have walked away immediately and booked into somewhere else but there wasn't anywhere that had spaces.

The people at Raintree were quite friendly but I was alarmed when they demanded my credit card before showing me my room or doing anything else - rather like getting ill abroad! I should have listened to my instincts and run at that point.

When we arrived we were quite pleased to see an Indian restaurant as part of the place and planned to eat there but once we saw the room we walked a mile away into Surbiton to get food instead.

The room was on the main road and had broken down curtains so we were exposed for the whole two-day stay, We asked several times for this to be sorted out because the rail was so high we couldn't sort it out ourselves but despite assuring us half-heartedly that they would - they did not.

The worse thing is that the toilets are not connected to the mains sewers so you sleep with the smell of chemical loo disinfectant and every time somebody uses the loo somewhere in the building you hear the roar of a macerator. It's truly awful. The kettle did not fit its base which worried me and there was no indication of what to do in a fire, When the alarm went off on our second morning with no sign of anybody taking any notice let alone trying to co-ordinate an evacuation we just left, never to return!

The promised breakfast did not arrive on the first morning but on a complaint was produced (two stale croissants, an apple and some jam) looking tired the same day for the next morning! Yuck.

The people here just want to take money for the rooms and are not interested in any way in ensuring you have a good stay. They are only going for that one hit - I defy them to produce anybody who has returned for a second visit. I certainly won't!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Louise373,

Thank you very much for your feedback about the Raintree Bed and Breakfast on Trip Advisor. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services to surpass the guest expectations.

I have noted your concerns and as the Newly Appointed Manager, I am striving hard to ensure all our guests are delighted by our new service standards.

bridgnorth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

on first appearences, this place seemed fine, we were greeted well and showed to our room no problem.
We were informed that our breakfast would be delivered to our room between 8 and 9 that night and was a continental one (no mention of this on bookin,it just says breakfast included!).
We ate in the restaurant and i must say i was impressed with the food if not the service.
On return to our room after a night out (just after 11pm) we found our breakfast which consisted of 2 undercooked croissants, an orange and a carton of orange juice, and on turning the bathroom light on we discovered the extractor fan squeeked very loudly and wouldnt switch off even when the light was. i went downstairs to find someone to complain and hopefully move rooms, only to find the place locked up and deserted.
I was delighted that the noisy fan did eventually turn off, but even more delighted to leave the next day.................Disappointed is not the word, and as a previous reviewer has said, AVOID AT ALL COSTS no matter how desperate you are for a room

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear greensking

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We recently had the misfortune of booking this B & B and what a mistake that was. We booked 2 weeks in advance via Booking.com as we were in the area for the ruby and knew it would be hard to find a hotel. We rang the day before to confirm that it would be ok to leave the car in the car park early in the morning to head to Twickenham as you cant book in until late afternoon and we knew we wouldnt be back until late. We had a lovely day at the rugby and turned up to check into the hotel, tired and wet at about 8.30 - 9 pm to be told that Booking.com had cancelled our booking. This we knew to be untrue as we had access to our emails and checked there and then and there was no confirmation of this. There was also another couple with the same problem. Unfortunately there were no rooms anywhere in the vicinity. The man on reception was also waiting tables in the restaurant and didnt seem to know what to do. He rang around for about an hour and said he had found us a room in another hotel and booked us a taxi. After paying £12 for the taxi we arrived at the new hotel to be told that she had not spoken to anyone and had no rooms. She rang the raintree and spoke to the man on reception again who gave her the number he had rang. It turned out to be a hotel in Nottingham!!! Not much use when you are in Thames Ditton. I spoke to the man on the phone who told us to get back in the taxi and return to them. He was totally out of his depth. In the end the lovely receptionist at The White Horse in Hampton Wick sorted us out with another hotel. We have since been in touch with Booking.com who inform us that they did not cancel our booking and that the hotel was at fault. We didnt get to bed until past 11 oclock that night and were so stressed that we were unable to sleep. We ended up cutting the break short and going home first thing in the morning. Only given a rating of one because you cannot give a zero!!

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear cazm1

Exeter
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Arrived to be told I hadn't got an en-suite, and had to pay a further £7 for it!
I went to bed quite early as a long journeu to be woken up by a member of staff, banging on all doors shouting"'breakfast!", I heard a couple of guests telling the staff member to go away, I opened the door to find a basket with 2 croissants, an apple, pack of butter and pack of jam - lucky I don't do breakfast.
Room was freezing, even with radiator on.
Would have preferred to sleep in the car - I now understand why they ask for money up front and rood with it as well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Paul H,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I normally dont like to give bad reviews, but felt strongly I should for this one.

Room: basic, but ok

Restaurant
The food is ok.
Service is TERRIBLE
Staff especially the manager - Unbelievably rude!! I never expected this from an Indian, who I have always found to be polite.

Go to the restaurant only if you want to be abused and humiliated

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear James N

Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This "Hotel" is above an Indian restaurant and is filthy and smelly.On arrival we paid our money and were handed the key and left to our own devices.We told an Asian man vacuuming the landing that the room was dirty and the fridge not working. He changed the fridge while we were out but it still didn't work and he made no attempt whatsoever to clean the room.We had to go in search of clean bedding as ours looked like it had been slept in.There is no staff on premises after restaurant closes so we were trapped in room getting no sleep while rowdy yobs spent all night screaming and shouting and trashing the adjoining room. Blood smears all over walls doors and stairs next morning."Continental breakfast" was left in the room on a plate the night before and consisted of 2 croissants a banana and a small carton of juice which was two months out of date.En-suite was modern but filthy. All in all we were made to feel like animals, they make no effort to welcome anyone they just take the money and leave you to it.

Room Tip: don't go anywhere the place it's filthy!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear sue T,

Shanaka Rajapakse

Been to Raintree B&B? Share your experiences!