“excellent service great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 97 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“excellent service great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014 NEW

second visit to the lobster pot as from out of town was hoping for a repeat of last visit and it can be said i was not disappointed excellent friendly service from staff and the food was great my come to place in farnham A++

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Constantly Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014 NEW

As locals to Farnham we do The Lobster Pot on average once a month and it has become our go-to place for celebrations, for comfort-eating and it never ever disappoints.
Unreservedly we've enjoyed every dinner we ever had here, always been greeted warmly by the charming staff and most importantly have raved about the food.
We all know reviews are subjective and in proportion to your basics of comparison. Don't take my word for it be your own judge and try it for yourself.

Hampshire
“Dissappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014 NEW

I had suggested this restaurant as I had been there several years ago and my friends all said that they had heard it was good. Well I'm afraid we will not be going back again!

Our arrival was rudely received as we had less than the original booking number - even though we were the first in the restaurant.
The food was acceptable although my friend had the vegetarian dish and thought hers was undercooked.
The desserts were very expensive £5.50 each - I had a piece of brownie with one small scoop of ice cream and £1.95 for a small bottle of sparkling water (you get a 1litre bottle in the Toby)

Service was slow and we had to wait ages to get the bill and then when we were ready to pay were told that the "manager" was "busy"

Then to add insult - he tried to get us to pay again for our drinks which had been on the bill.
The restaurant was only half occupied so they were not that busy

Looks like its back to the Harvester next year

• Visited December 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

We have eaten here many times over the years, in the knowledge that we were always guaranteed a good meal. Not anymore. The menu is drastically a lot smaller, no special board. Food was awful and service absolutely dreadful. Only offered one round of drinks. After half an hour of waiting we had to ask for a dessert menu as hungry due to the main meal being inedible. No one came to take our order. So fed up in the end we paid at bar and only got 10% off even though we expressed our extreme displeasure. Their only excuse was that they were busy. Ummm ! No they weren't as their were countless empty tables. Will never go back again .

Farnham, United Kingdom
“Gone down the pan.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

Ate here last night (3/12/2014) and was very disappointed with the service and dinner. We ordered a couple of steaks, mine rare and my partners medium rare, nothing too exotic.
After taking our order they came back out of the kitchen to say they had no chips left so would sauté potatoes do.. of course no problem at all.

Dinner arrived and my "rare" steak was well done!

Sent it back and had it replaced but ended up with my partner finishing her dinner before mine even arrived... not a very sociable evening

I have eaten here over a dozen times over the past few years but it is a very poor reflection of what it used to be... maybe I should have had fish as I normally do.

10% discount was taken off the bill but I do not consider that to be enough to compensate for the very poor experience. Will not be rushing back

• Visited December 2014