“always excellent eaten thier many times” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 97 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
yateley
“always excellent eaten thier many times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Good food , service always very good. Book a table even it is only for two.
Have been visiting the Lobster Pot for many years with both family and friends

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reading
“Enjoyed Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Had a good sunday lunch there sometime back. Mussels were excellent for starters. Was very busy and service not bad.

Farnham, United Kingdom
“Perfect Valentine Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

This was my 1st visit to the Lobster Pot but will definitely not be my last. I booked the table a week ago on the back of some good reviews for Valentines Night, despite the good reviews, being aware this is one of the busiest nights in restaurants I expected the usual "cram them in where you can, hoist the prices sky high and pre cook a scant menu". What we got was completely different.
The tables were laid out perfectly, with plenty of space between each to enable intimate conversation, the menu had a great selection for each course, I think about 6 starters, 10 mains and 6 sweets, the food was without a doubt cooked to order, my wifes Lamb shank with Cranberry was enormous and delicious and my Sea Bass with olives and onions was to die for. The Prawn starter was lovely, and although we avoided the sweet having been filled up by the first 2 courses did finish with a caffeterie of coffee which amply provided 2 good cups of coffee each. The amazing thing was the bill, we had 3 other drinks with the meal and the cost was under £62 which for food of this standard is exceptional, especially on Valentines.
Finally I would like to congratulate the staff on their attentive but unobtrusive service throughout the evening, you will go a long way to find better, happier service from a team that clearly love what they do and enjoy bringing pleasure to others, if I could give 6 stars I would. Well done and will see you very soon.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Earth
“Vast menu choice, and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Eight of us had a very enjoyable lunch, and I think we all ate different dishes, and we were all pleased with our food. Lots of interesting dishes to choose from when we next visit, and I am very tempted to try the extensive fish menu.

A little bit noisy.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Try the Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We went had an excellent meal. Try the fish cooked on the "planche". The staff are very knowledgable and efficient. The menu was varied and we especially enjoyed the fish

Visited December 2011