“Wish I had discovered it sooner.” 5 of 5 stars

1 Park Row B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1 Park Row, Farnham GU9 7JH, England   |
Ranked #5 of 19 Farnham B&B and Inns
Telford, United Kingdom
“Wish I had discovered it sooner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I visit Farnham often to visit my daughter and usually stay at one of the local hotels. For our latest visit early this January, my daughter suggested we try 1 Park Row and I am very glad we did. We stayed two nights an excellent ensuite room on the top floor which was very clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and not too firm, unlike some we have slept in at other local hotels. We were made to feel welcomed from the moment we arrived to the time we departed. We had a really relaxing time during our stay and will most certainly try to go back there next time we visit the town.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I booked a room for a wedding 4 months in advance and got an email (no phone call) confirming that due to 'online problems' they had double booked my room. They said the system had been playing up for weeks and yet only sent an email late in the day, leaving no time at all to book anywhere reasonable. They left a cursory p.s to let me know that they had refunded my deposit..! Didn't even have courtesy to call with bad news.
Don't waste your time!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Poole, Dorset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I stayed here for a week whilst attending a course at Espa. Room 5 on the top floor has a nice large ensuite with a bath and was very comfortable.

Steve and Julie who run the B&B made me feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. For breakfast you can just help yourself to whatever you fancy. There is a Waitrose just over the road and they were more than happy for me to heat up food in the microwave to eat in the evening.

This is a much nicer alternative than staying in a soulless chain hotel and great value at £50 per night and I would particularly recommend itto women travelling on their own.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I have stayed at 1 Park Row on numerous occassions over the last few years for busin ess meetings in the area.
I can highly recommend the efficency, cleanliness and the warm welcome each time I stayed. As a single business woman Park Row suits me down to the ground, providing me with a smart and convenient place to stay without the anonominity of larger hotels - Steve is always welcoming and goes the extra mile.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

spent nearly 4 weeks at 1 Pk Row. Lovely environment and very friendly hosts. A home away from home. The view from my room was absolutely inspiring. Farnham is a charming Surrey town and Park Row adds to the charm.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Woudrichem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

We had a lovely time in Farnham and are Steve thankfull for his advice on where to go. The room was good and had a nice view on the gardens of little old soldiers homes. The bed was comfy and the shower warm. As we like the full english breakfast we went to have that in town so we cannot really comment on the breakfast at park row but it looked ok to us. A good room in a nice house bang in the middle of town and for a verry good price what else could we sich for, may be a private parking space but we found one very close so not an issue. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

We stayed in 1 Park Row late November and I can honestly say it has been one of the most charming places I have ever been to in England!! The moment we saw the place, it won our heart. The cosy, historic building is in an equally historic lane just minutes away from Farnham Park. The building is carefully and extremely tastefully refurbished, I loved the choice of colours... We saw two rooms and had a hard time choosing between them,each individually decorated, clean and stunning views over old Farnham! And well heated (seldom in England)
The hospitality of the owners was great, too! While enjoying our privacy we also felt a bit like coming home in the evening!
For me this B&B is the incarnation of a romantic B&B in GB - I definetely recommend this place!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to 1 Park Row B&B? Share your experiences!