“they have amazing hospitallity.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Farnham Park Hotel

Farnham Park Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Farnham
Farnham Park Hotel
You added Farnham Park Hotel to your Saves list
Lower Hale, Farnham GU9 9RP, England   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Farnham B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“they have amazing hospitallity.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Found very peacefull,good food to go with it.I don't know about the past but recently they got new staff who can speak good english.I found them friendly and the curry was great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

It's possibly unfair to write this. We didn’t stay the night and try the breakfast. :-/

We had been palmed off to this hotel because another one in the neighbourhood (Frencham) had double-booked us, but we were desperate to find a hotel. Our research had shown no other hotel had any availability that night. So we did the other offending hotel a favour by agreeing to stay somewhere else.

The location of Farnham Park Hotel is ok but nothing else is. We checked in and were put in a particularly pungent room with 1970’s bathroom fittings, no shower, no large mirror, no effective curtain on the single Velux window, dirty carpets, dubious bed, horrid little television and a general air of neglect.

Having unpacked we worked out that, although this was late afternoon, there appeared to be no other guests. So we decided just to escape. We changed our plans and travelled home again. A sad state of affairs – it has the architecture and location to make something good - but a penny-pinching attitude has killed the Farnham Park Hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I recommended some of my friends and family to stay here when I had a party as it its close to my house however I will never do so again. My friend arrived at my party having been given free vodka by the owner of the hotel who claimed his hotel was like faulty towers only his was "p1ssed towers". My friend had her 8 year old daughter with her - not the nicest thing for her to be hearing. However we laughed along. At midnight though when my friend returned to the hotel it was a different story. The owner was nowhere in sight, and his daughter was running the hotel in a state that I can only describe as being off her face. Aside from her appearance (make up smudged all over her face) she was threatening my friend for no apparent reason and I watched as her boyfriend had to hold her back and send her to their room. Her boyfriend who claimed he was nothing to do with the hotel apologised saying that she had been drinking all day and obviously can't handle it. They were quick to give a refund and my friend came back to my house - not before the police had been mind you! I would say stay here if you want something cheap and easy but at £70 per night it wasn’t even that! (By the way I think the only good review on the place was about a different hotel as it claims it is south of Farnham, this place isn’t it is very much North Farnham!)

• Stayed August 2010
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Heed my warning people NEVER EVER stay here, there are plenty of hotels in this area to choose from it’s just not worth it!

I arrived with my 8 year old daughter and was greeted by 2 feral toddlers (the owner’s grandchildren) screaming and throwing things around...nice welcome. On reception I was checked in by a drunken woman (daughter of the owner). She slurred through the check-in process...I should have walked away then (hind sight is a wonderful thing). I'd had a long journey and asked if I could get a drink form the bar before getting ready to go out. I was led to the bar area and greeted by another drunk - who I was told was the owner. He kept trying to cuddle me in front of my daughter which was completely inappropriate, as he was that drunk he could not even speak. I made a quick exit from the situation and went to my room to get changed.

On return to the hotel later that evening I was greeted by a screaming banshee (again the owners daughter) she was drunk and wired as far as I could tell, accusing me of knowing someone (why, who what I still have no idea) I was threatened with physical violence in front of my child, who by this time was hysterical, I was so shocked at this behaviour I then called the police as I was terrified of what the clearly unhinged woman would do. I made a quick exit to my room and she still followed me, with her 2 year old feral child in her arms screaming at me.

I immediately collected my things - demanded a refund and have made an official complaint to the police

• Stayed August 2010
liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

if your not to fussy its cheap , cheerfull , nice location , pleasant staff and nice food.
would stay again if i was in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Gloucester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

I am staying in the area for three weeks and have decided to stay at this hotel for the duration. On arrival I was a little disappointed that the hotel is small and therefore not much in the way of reception. However, my single room is very comfortable and must have been recently decorated. The en-suite bathroom is very nice and spacious. The place itself has a lot of character and as it is surrounded by paddocks and gardens I should imagine it is very nice in the summer. What really impressed me was that every evening my bed had been made and the room beautifully tidy. I cannot comment on the layout of the other rooms but I should imagine they are also beautifully clean and nicely decorated. Please don't be put off by the comments made by other visitors, that may have been under previous management.
So far I have only said nice things about the place but there is one big negative about it. The restaurant is primarily Thai and although I liked that type of food, two nights in a row was enough. The food was nice but as there were only one or two customers the chef can't have been cooking with the best ingredients. The cooked breakfast was good, although one of my colleagues was not as impressed as I. The hotel is just South of Farnham with all its restaurants and pubs and there was a pub 5 minutes around the corner which served really good food.
I would give it a top rating to balance the negative reviews made by others. However, it isn't the best hotel ever. The staff, especially the stand-in manager, were all nice and friendly as far as their English allowed. The owner and staff are obviously making an effort so why not give the hotel a try and help an independent business?
Finally, for those of you working at Aldershot, it's a straight road with little traffic problems.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Dudley, West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I cant understand why this place has had bad reviews! You lot must be really picky!

We must be the only ones who liked this place. Great value for money £80 for 3 people with breakfast included. The room was nice, beds were really comfortable and the breakfast we thought was really good! The views were pleasant as well, lovely scenery. The only drawback was that the staff didnt speak much English, that was a little awkward, but the service we received was very good all the same.

The place does what its supposed to do, to have somewhere to sleep after a busy day / night! We'd definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Farnham Park Hotel? Share your experiences!