“Divine Meal - Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 97 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Under new management and now serving fresh, seasonal dishes cooked by passionate chefs. Food is locally sourced wherever possible and served in a welcoming and friendly environment.We serve a great pint of local ale too!
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Divine Meal - Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Last week I popped into Wheatsheaf with a friend for a quick bite to eat. We chose the pub for ease of location but it turned out to be a better choice than we'd anticipated! The menu had some awesome vegetarian options - I went for the Aubergine salad which was incredible - nicely presented & so tasty. There was a really fun, buzzing vibe in there & even though you could tell the staff were rushed off their feet - they were all upbeat and helpful and coupled with the yummy food made this a very enjoyable meal! We ended up staying for longer than we should have & indulged in a couple of the snazzy new cocktails ;) Definitely recommend this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Farnham, United Kingdom
“Good food but lacking customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I have been a big fan of the wheatsheaf since it's refurb and enjoy visiting for drinks but have been disappointed by the service on a couple of occasions when visiting for a meal.

On my last visit in particular the service was poor. On this occasion the restaurant did not appear particularly busy but we had to wait a very long time for food.
Had we have been told upon ordering that there was a wait for food, then this would have been fine but in the end we had to ask how long our order would be.

Once the food arrived it was good but it would have been nice to have been asked how our meals were and whether we wanted to order more drinks.

It's these little things that would have made a big difference to the enjoyment of our evening.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amy C, General Manager at The Wheatsheaf, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for your review and providing us feedback following your visit to the Wheatsheaf.
It is great to see that you enjoy our bar and have been a regular visitor since our re-opening. I am sorry to hear that on the occasions dining with us you are not left as satisfied. I can see you were advised of a delay from the kitchen, which I’m sure there was good reason for, however following your wait we should have been more attentive to ensure the remainder of the meal was to your satisfaction and for this I apologise. The little things do make all the difference and I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail and of course ensure we take the very best care of you on your future visits. Please contact me directly at the Wheatsheaf or email me at amy.corstin@redmistleisure.co.uk.
“Strange Combinations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We kept hearing how good this place was after a major re-fit and so decided to give it a try.
It has certainly improved in décor and layout and still seems to be relatively popular.,
However, all of my party found the combinations on the menu a little peculiar and could not decide whether it was pretentious or perhaps trying a bit too hard.Service was average and we had expected much better but perhaps it suffered from our expectations (derived from others comments) being too high. The quality of the food was fine (not up to "Very Good") but we would not rush back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I am pleased to hear you liked the décor and layout when visiting our pub. The menu is designed by our head chef and kitchen team to combine their own creativity along with our focus on fresh, local and seasonable produce, our only intention is to provide an experience that our guests truly enjoy and a menu that can relate to everyone’s palate. We strive to provide friendly and efficient service at all times, living up to our reputation at all times and I am sorry that your party did not find this the case during their visit. I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail and of course ensure we take the very best care of you on your future visits. Please contact me directly at the Wheatsheaf or email me at amy.corstin@redmistleisure.co.uk.
“Soooooo slow!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

If the bar area is busy then expect to wait a good 15 minutes to be served, the bar staff seem to fumble about in no particular hurry, which is very frustrating to watch while waiting! The bar staff also look completely cheesed off and deflated - perhaps they are understaffed so therefore the morale is low?? I'm really reluctant to come back .... It's a shame because it has the potential to be a great place!

Amy C, General Manager at The Wheatsheaf, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your review and providing us feedback following your experience at the Wheatsheaf.
I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you were provided, the night in question was the launch of our new cocktail offer, which was a huge success but unfortunately at times did put extra pressure on the bar staff; who soldiered on and thoroughly enjoyed the night, so I am sorry if this came across as anything other than us finding our feet with a more complex drinks offer and coping with the high demand of a popular bar. I would like to reassure you that we are committed to serving our guests in a timely manner and will always do our best to at least acknowledge those who are waiting.
I would be happy to discuss your comments in more detail if you wish to contact me directly at the Wheatsheaf. I hope you will return again and I trust your future visits to be more enjoyable.
“Excellent place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Just had an amazing evening in this establishment ... Superb meal followed by 2for1 cocktails great atmosphere for evening drinks/dinner or get together with friend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere