I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I have to say that I can't fault it for anything really. The room was quite comfortable and very spacious. I had a large double bed (almost King size), a desk, coffee table and two seater sofa. A very large and quite luxurious bathroom. Room 24 in case you're interested.
I didn't get a chance to use any of the facilities in the hotel as I unfortunately had to go up to Farnham Castle for my meetings - which leaves something to be desired but that's a whole other review. The lounge/bar area was really quite nice and had a very medieval / Tudor type charm to it complete with fireplace. It also has a very large and nice courtyard as well.
Being right on the high street helps heaps as you have everything you might need right at your doorstep. Keep in mind though that everything in Farnham shuts down either at 17:00 or 18:00 in the afternoon - even the Boots just around the corner. Restaurants and bars are of course open but if you need anything else - you're stuffed unless you go around the corner to the Sainsburys.
But I digress.....I did have the breakfast which was included in my room rate and I requested it in my room which wasn't an issue at all. There is a £5 supplementary charge to have your included breakfast in your room instead of in the restaurant but I wanted to enjoy my brekkie in the comfort of my room in my sweet time. Nothing wrong with the breakfast I ordered. Well, it did arrive cold but I called down to reception and within 5 minutes I had a piping hot breakfast at my door - so hot I couldn't even pick the plate up. :-) So, no issues there at all.
The staff were very friendly, and accommodating. I can't really fault them for anything. I would definitely recommend the Mercure Bush and if I need to be in the area again, I would stay there in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Farnham Bush hotel is located in the centre of Farnham, a very short walking distance from the railway station. The Hotel is only 15 minutes drive to Farnborough Airport, around 30 minutes from Heathrow Airport and 35 minutes from Gatwick. Thackery's Restaurant serves modern European cuisine, and the Coachman's Bar is a cosy spot for a nightcap. The 6 fully equipped function rooms can host varying events from small meetings in a boardroom style right up to 140 people for conferences, parties and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel Farnham
- Accor Bush Farnham
- Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel Surrey