“Best. Curry. Ever.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“Best. Curry. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The FT is home to my favorite curry in Surrey and Hampshire. The service is here is amazing, the restaurant itself is warm and welcoming, and the food is the best curry around. I get king prawn vindaloo and it's undoubtedly hot but not so hot that it's inedible. I would eat here for breakfast if I could!

Visited March 2013

Farnham, United Kingdom
“Best in Farnham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Having tried all the Indian restaurants I can safely say this is my favourite. The menu is authentic, the staff are polite, the atmosphere is pleasant, the food is delicious and it's reasonably priced. The restaurant is clean and the wine is very affordable. I particularly like the chicken tikka and tarka dahl, both taste as good as anywhere I have been before.
On weekends it's usually pretty busy so I usually eat here during the week so it's a more relaxing experience. Can't wait to go back and eat there...!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Lack of Organisation!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We ordered a take away from here for the first time at the weekend. I was sitting next to my husband as he phoned the order in. He went to collect it and described the scene as "utter chaos." He said that the restaurant was over-crowded, waiters were tripping over each other and there was a general sense of disorder. When he came home, we discovered that the vegetarian biryani (sp?) we had ordered had chicken in it. Our vegetarian guest wasn't very happy. I know my husband ordered a vegetarian dish because I heard him say it. The rest of the food was OK - not any worse or any better than the many other Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants in Farnham.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Farnham
“Good Food Ruined By Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The food was very good, although I have to confess that I am in no way an aficionado when it comes to curries. The only blight on an otherwise good evening was the fact that when I asked for a Lassi (that would be the yogurt based drink…and not the famous Collie dog) I was told that they were, and I quote, “too busy to make one” for me. I was rather offended by that comment, as it was as if my order meant less to them than everybody else's. Matters did not much improve when we had to wait over an hour for our food and, as luck would have it, my food arrived cold. The only saving grace was that the rest of our party really enjoyed their food. I will probably go back and order take-away…maybe.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Really impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I've always tended to go to the Indian restaurants closer to the town centre but decided to go to The Farnham Tandoori after a personal recommendation. Well i can now pass on the recommendation as this is a lovely little place and the food was absolutely excellent. And very good value to so I would advise anyone to make the walk up West Street and enjoy this delightful place