I saw the menu on-line and thought this would be a good place to have a nice meal with family. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. Overall, everything was just poor. The room is really only designed for breakfast (in fact half of it was set up already).
The waitress was new (a few days) so couldn't answer any questions, including what is the soup of the day. We ordered wine which took 20 minutes to arrive, even after reminding her twice. This was made all the more frustrating as she walked past it a couple of times - we could see it waiting for her on the desk, 10 feet away (and yes, I did consider going and getting it but was given the look by my wife).
When it did arrive the poor girl couldn't open it and so I did. I then reminded her about the coke we ordered, which she said she forgot.
The starters, which were fine, arrived about 20 minutes later (so 30 minutes after ordering) which was frustrating as we were the only diners. In hindsight this was a clue.
The mains arrived - the lamb was the smallest cut I've ever seen, both chicken dishes were overcooked and my beef and stilton pie didn't taste of stilton (or beef for that matter).
Finally we ordered another bottle of wine which arrived very quickly but was the wrong bottle. I then had an interesting conversation where it was pointed out that perhaps it was me that ordered the wrong bottle of wine.
All in all £170 spent not so much on a good meal as more dinner theatre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high on the Hogs Back Ridge this hotel is very much a landmark on top of a landmark. Easy access to the M25 and M3 motorway networks. Just 29 miles from Heathrow Airport. 96 Bedrooms with doubles, twins, family and accessible bedrooms available. Executive Bedrooms available. Room At The Top - a split level suite with separate bedroom and lounge. Surrey Suite featuring a modern four poster bed. All bedrooms are non-smoking. Health Club featuring pool, sauna, steam room and gym. Beauty Salon on site. Restaurant and Bar. Free Wi-Fi throughout of the hotel. Outside Terrace for al fresco drinking and dining. 24 Hour Room Service. Free Guest Parking. 4 Air-conditioned meeting rooms for up to 180 delegates with free Wi-Fi. Civil Wedding License for 100 people. Landscaped gardens with a panoramic view of the Surrey Downs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Farnham Hotel Seale
- Ramada Hotel Farnham
- Farnham Ramada
- The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel Surrey