“Reasonable hotel in the middle of nowhere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel

You added The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel to your Saves list
The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Farnham GU10 1EX, England (Formerly Legacy Farnham Hog's Back Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Farnham
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Reasonable hotel in the middle of nowhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I only stayed overnight. Didn't use the spa facility which appears to be their major attraction.

Decent bed; good room with ironing board and Internet TV. Hotel has the look of an old building with character but the room are updated and fresh - good value for the money.

The place was hard to find; even with GPS; best get directions before you head out there. Used to be a Ramada and that's how some local people know it.

Good gym but it is not 24x7 and closes early. Nice breakfast choices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gerry M, General Manager at The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for your recent review which I value. You appear to have enjoyed your stay even if we are a bit out in the sticks. Our plans for the refurbishment of all areas of the hotel are now well advanced and I am confident these will start in the back half of this year.
I trust you will stay again when in this area and it would be good to meet you on that visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

what a lovely Mother's day experience, second year we have been and will 100% be going back next year. I can't say enough to praise the atmosphere created by the whole team, lovely food, lovely staff, very reasonably priced. Thank you all :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review following Mothers Day Lunch last Sunday. I remember meeting you on the day and showing you your table.
We have had numerous calls and e mails all with comments similar to yours. The team was delighted to read your review.
We pride ourselves on providing good quality food and service in comfortable surroundings and at value for money prices.
Look forward to getting you booked in for next year.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I graduated in July 2013 and my cousin decided to treat me to a spa and afternoon tea.
We didn't stay in the hotel we just went for the day on the Saturday 14th September 2013.

FACILITIES:
The facilities were average. The pool was a nice size but steam and sauna rooms very small. After about 2 hours of swimming and using the steam and sauna, we were looking forward to sitting down and having some food.

AFTERNOON TEA and STAFF:
Our platter arrived and I was just about to tuck in when I found a HAIR on my sandwich.

We weren't expecting the Ritz but it is absolutely unacceptable to find hair in food.

I went over to the manager of the spa, Diva Salon, because he was the only person I could inform. He was rude and said he had "nothing to do with the afternoon tea." I asked if he could come over and speak to my cousin to help us get a fresh platter and he ignored me and remained sitting on his chair.

As my cousin works in the food industry she requested the waiter (when he eventually came over) that we receive a fresh platter. The waiter was rude - didn't apologise just took the platter away in a hurry.
He returned with a "new" platter, but discovered the hair had not been removed... IT WAS EXACTLY IN THE SAME PLACE.
The manager of the afternoon tea came over and was polite, apologised and got us a third platter.

By this point, it was almost time for our massage and realised we'd have to rush our food.

I went over to the manager of Diva Salon and requested that our massage be moved to a later slot. He explained that they had to be off premises by 6pm and that nothing could be done. HE then suggested that I ask the couple after us if they'd like to swap slots but it'd cut into their 30 minutes leaving the treatment time of 20 minutes.

First of all - I shouldn't be requesting anything. He should have taken responsibility to sort the problem out.

Luckily the couple agreed to take our slot instead and went over to wait to enter the salon.
After all that kerfuffle, they were running late anyway and the couple had to wait for 10 minutes! Ridiculous.

Eventually we all had our treatments which were lovely. The massage was relaxing and the therapists kind and welcoming.

It was 6.30pm by this point. Half an hour after the original time the manager said they needed to be off premises...

Overall an average and disappointing trip and definitely not worth the money... but saved by lovely therapists and massage!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review following your visit in September 2013. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. It is over 6 months since your visit and your review. In the intervening time we have moved on many of the facilities and services and are due to refurbish the public areas over the back half of this year.
It is such a pity you did not write your review sooner but I do hope you will return to the spa again. It would be good to meet you and to talk your experiences through with you.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We are 4 women who travel regular and particularly enjoy hotels with spa facilities. We all enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were quite small for 2 ladies sharing but catered to our needs. It was spotlessly clean, with a very powerful shower. The spa area was small and we did find it quite noisy as it is used by families who are obviously private members, but it wasnt a huge problem, just a niggle. The evening meal and breakfast was excellent along with the atmosphere. I did feel very hot during the night and did wonder what it would be like on a hot summers night.

This hotel was one of the best deals we have found on our travels. We paid £38 which included a twin room, an evening meal ,with a glass of wine and full English breakfast. plus full use of the facilities. We know this was an offer, but still felt it would have been justified at full rate. Thank you

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Gerry M, General Manager at The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Many thanks for your recent review. It was great to see you enjoyed all the facilities on offer and appear to have left us fully relaxed and ready for a busy week. We pride ourselves on providing good quality food, decent service levels and all in comfortable surroundings.
Our plans for upgrade to our rooms are now well advanced. We do actually have larger rooms and perhaps on your next visit you should ask in advance so you can enjoy a lot more space.
We look forward to welcoming you back and to meeting you on that occasion.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks whilst working locally.

Great hotel and facilities like pool and gym.

Wifi is free but a bit slow.

The breakfast is amazing. Poached eggs prefect everyday and great selection of hot and cold food. Well worth it.

Back soon

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Delighted to read your review and that you found the hotel facilities exceeded your expectations. we do pride ourselves on providing a great breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi and good leisure facilities so our guests have a thoroughly enjoyable.
I look forward TO meeting you on your next visit
Braintree, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

A travesty happened when I had lugged my ps4 from Essex to this hotel and upon getting here found out there was no HDMI on the TV. I cannot believe in the day and age we live in that there is no HDMI.
I have stayed in 1 star hotels with HDMI input, they may stink of weed and crack and have spoons that have been used to cook up a habit, but I can play my ps4.
The toilet paper is rougher than the hotel 'caravan style' walls.
The shower is designed for hobbits and even then it'd be a push for them to get under it.

But one bonus we got extra pillows

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gerry M, General Manager at The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Many thanks for your review and sincerest apologies that you could not enjoy your play station in the hotel. It is a long time since I have had a comment of this nature. We do have about 12 TVs with the capability to plug into Play station. Previously guests have requested assistance and we have been able to sort out for them. I am not sure if you did seek assistance on this occasion.
We intend to upgrade our TVs later this year and at this point our technology will hopefully be first class.
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I spend a lot of time I the area and have stayed in a lot of hotels and thought I'd try this one.

The room was a good size, clean and tidy. Bar meals decent quality. Staff friendly. Wifi quality was a rare treat.

The issues were all little things but if sorted would make a big difference

TVs - small, very few channels and below the level of the bed! Easy fix for a chain this size

Noisy guests - When you have a large party coming in late at night, maybe put near entrance so they don't have to shout fond farewells all down corridors when everyone trying to sleep

Breakfast - advertise eggs how you like them but only serve scrambled. Hostess doesn't offer and no one else around to ask.

So yes, I would stay again, but sort TV and breakfast and it would be my hotel of choice in the locale

Room Tip: As far from entrance as possible